• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp for Polk L800's - NonDifferential

hamptonman

Well your Dac is. NOS R2R design - not normally noted for low distortion performance, although the claimed specs look pretty good.

I'd be tempted (as a test) to turn on oversampling mode and try again. Also make sure the PLL is on in all modes to reject jitter.

I'd also be looking at the transmission from streamer to DAC. I think you said you are using AES: Are you using the correct 110ohm impedance cable for this. Do you get the same distortion if you use a different digital connections (Coax or Toslink for example)

(though it is difficult to think how the interface could impact only streaming, and not local files).
Hi, all good points! I had to help my son last night so I didn’t have any time to test. I will test those points when I get home from work and keep you informed. Thanks again for your help, it is appreciated!

hamptonman

Unfortunately, everything you recommended failed. I tried switching the DAC to NOS MODE, same distortion. Then I switched to usb and coaxial, same result. I haven’t heard anything from Aurender yet. I’m using an Audioquest Carbon AES cable. It plays the same no matter what delivery method I try. I even went a step farther, I found the cd on Amazon and bought it. $19.00 to finally figure out what’s up. I ripped the cd and moved to to my Aurender And hit play. Same thing! it played distorted just like all the other formats did. I even tried to play the cd normally, but there still is distortion in normal playback. Not sure why but…. Thank you all for your help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom