• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AMP for Hifiman He6SE (preferably DAC+AMP like the DX7 Pro)

halcyonian

Only when aggressive EQ is concerned, really. I have the v2 and without preamping I use my zen can signature on unity gain all the time. If you don't buy into the "more power = more better" rabbit hole you really don't need extravagant amps to drive these.
My initial HP setup is a D-6 DAC and Magnius amp, and the Magnius doesn't drive HE6SEv2 well at all on balanced out. I ran the numbers roughly before deciding on this setup and figured it'd be enough power, but alas.

OP
DouglasteR

DouglasteR

Have you had a chance to try out the new setup?

The HE6 and similar HP really seem to throw us for a loop when it comes to powering them effectively. I'm currently using a vintage speaker amp (Sansui) to drive my SEv2 off of speaker taps. It'd be appealing to have a "better" / more compact / more efficient setup, however.

Should arrive this weekend ! Can't wait to try it out ! It will be my very first stack (DX7 Pro + L70), had to also buy the XLR and IR cables.

Only when aggressive EQ is concerned, really. I have the v2 and without preamping I use my zen can signature on unity gain all the time. If you don't buy into the "more power = more better" rabbit hole you really don't need extravagant amps to drive these.

Completely understandable, BUT, when EQ'd, and the bass starts, you feel the lack of power in all other frenquencies.

Last edited:
OP
DouglasteR

DouglasteR

It finally arrived ! (minus the trigger port P2 cable, oh well).

DX7-Pro-+-L70.jpg

Initial tests are marvelous !!

Updated setup: PC->USB->Dx7 Pro in PreAMP -> XLR -> L70 with high gain, using XLR balanced out.

With the L70 in high gain i can rattle the He6seV2 drives at 85% volume (should be the HP limit).

At 80% i can mainting superb Bass while not losing power in any other frequencies, plus, no clipping experienced with the following EQ:

Peace EQ.JPG

Thanks for all the help guys, may good melodies find you.

I will be updating this thread after the initial month, but so far so basss good :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom