• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp for HD600?

Nokalt

Hello I have my Sennheiser HD600 paired with Tempotec Sonata HD but I want to get myself a nice amp or an amp/dac combo with a volume knob.
I am looking to mainly order from Aliexpress as I am living in Bulgaria and even shipping from Europe is expensive.
Budget is around 120 USD I have looked at brands like Sabaj, Topping, Xduoo, Tempotec and so far I have found the Sabaj D2/D3/PHA2 and the Tempotec Serenade.
Any other suggestions? I can also use the Sonata HD as a dac since I have an rca to 3.5mm cable.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Well, if you can find neither a Topping L30 nor a JDS Labs Atom or a Schiit Magni Heresy, it'll get a bit tricky. L30 seems to be available for sure.

In terms of USB DAC-HPAs...
If you don't listen super loud, a FiiO Q1 MkII may be worth a shot.. not sure it can be charged while playing over USB though. There's always the trusty E10K, too, even if that's a bit pedestrian in performance (but what do you expect for the price). Maybe a K3 then.

The Tempotec Serenade iDSD looks fairly promising, too.

In general, a HD600 isn't super picky... needs some half-decent voltage but isn't hard to drive per se.

OP
N

Nokalt

Well, if you can find neither a Topping L30 nor a JDS Labs Atom or a Schiit Magni Heresy, it'll get a bit tricky. L30 seems to be available for sure.

In terms of USB DAC-HPAs...
If you don't listen super loud, a FiiO Q1 MkII may be worth a shot.. not sure it can be charged while playing over USB though. There's always the trusty E10K, too, even if that's a bit pedestrian in performance (but what do you expect for the price). Maybe a K3 then.

The Tempotec Serenade iDSD looks fairly promising, too.

In general, a HD600 isn't super picky... needs some half-decent voltage but isn't hard to drive per se.
Yeah I think I may go with the tempotec serenade as I can buy it for 80 usd with discounts

Top Bottom