• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

amp/dac suggestions?

Jenkem

Hi guy's i'm pretty new to the forums here and have been sifting through amirm's reviews of amps and dacs along with many other sites reviews and am trying to figure out a good one to replace my Hifiman EF2A for around $350 as of right now I am trying to decide between JDS Labs The Element, Audio GD R2R-11, Topping A30+D30 but am open to any suggestions.
Currently I am listening on Beyer DT770 80ohm, and Hifiman he-400 but plan on expanding on that in the future.
I am pretty much looking for a hi power amp (although not important right now) with crisp detail, and no white noise when not listening to music if possible(ef2a does this).

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Element would be a solid choice.

The A30 has high output impedance (~10 ohms) which will probably be ok with the headphones you have now but may limit compatibility with others in the future. I've heard that by the end of the year Topping will have an A50 headamp with lower output impedance which may be worth waiting for. The Topping combo will probably measure a little better than the Element but the Element's superior ergonomics an US based support might make it worth the extra money.

I'd stay away from anything Audio GD if you're looking for something transparent. AFIK, their stuff never seems to measure well.

OP
Jenkem

Jenkem

Thanks for the input sounds like ill probably be getting the element.

Grave

I replaced my JDS Labs Element with the Topping D30/A30 because it has better measured performance. It is also cheaper. They sound the same.

Top Bottom