• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AMP & DAC for DT 990 Worth ?

karlderkarsten

Hello all,

maybe a stupid question but I have now for several weeks the DT 990 Black Special Edition (250 Ohm) and operate the on my onboard connection Asus B550-F GAMING. They also sound really good (never had "good" headphones :D) and are also loud enough for me.
Now I wonder if it's worth it to buy an amp and dac really bring an audible difference ?
Would be willing to spend so 100 - 250€, I've already looked around so a bit and the Topping L30 & E30 would please me visually very well.
Or if I still save a little, maybe the Topping A50s & D50s, which I find optically even better.

Sorry for my bad English :D

Greetings from Germany

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello all,

maybe a stupid question but I have now for several weeks the DT 990 Black Special Edition (250 Ohm) and operate the on my onboard connection Asus B550-F GAMING. They also sound really good (never had "good" headphones :D) and are also loud enough for me.
Now I wonder if it's worth it to buy an amp and dac really bring an audible difference ?
Would be willing to spend so 100 - 250€, I've already looked around so a bit and the Topping L30 & E30 would please me visually very well.
Or if I still save a little, maybe the Topping A50s & D50s, which I find optically even better.

Sorry for my bad English :D

Greetings from Germany
I would say not worth it.

You already said that you're happy with how it sounds and how loud it gets, so what do you hope to achieve?
Going from onboard solution which you don't experience any problems with to external DAC/AMP is not going to be a night and day difference as some audiophiles claim. I don't know how you mainly use your computer but while gaming for example you're more busy playing the game (or should at least) than listening for very tiny changes in sound that might or might not be there to begin with.

Top Bottom