• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp Dac Combo suggestions.

Hi
I have been using the Apogee Duet 2 and Adams A7X which connects to my PC though USB

The cables to the monitors are balanced and connect through the Duet's jack.

Guys I really am still new to this and I have mainly been using linux through ALSA.

From what I can gather, I have had it easy and did not have to consider that buying another DAC
would mean that I will not have the volume control that I do with the Duet.

So I would apprecite it if anyone out there could suggest some AMP and DAC combo's
and how to connect them so I have that independent volume control and still use XLR balance
cables to the Adams speakers. Thanks in advance!

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What's your price range? The Topping dx5 is a beastly all in one that meets your requirements for $449

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m not quite sure what the goal is here? Why do you need a new DAC? What’s the amp for?

From what I can see the Apogee has 4 outputs? That should power the Adams and an amp already. And you get to keep the volume control.

OP
C
What's your price range? The Topping dx5 is a beastly all in one that meets your requirements for $449
Thanks for the reply, I was considering the DX70 Pro+ but according to one reviewer on Youtube he said that the volume control becomes unusable, thus you will then need to rely on the operating systems volume control. Anyway the budget is anything up £800.00.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Topping dx5
It does test well...

OP
C
I’m not quite sure what the goal is here? Why contour need a new DAC? What’s the amp for?

From what I can see the Apogee has 4 outputs? That should power the Adams and an amp already. And you get to keep the volume control.
My goal is to upgrade. The apogee Duet has given me good service for the last 4 years, But thanks for the suggestion and reply.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My goal is to upgrade.
Okay. Is that a goal on its own, or is there actually something you’d like to accomplish?
The apogee Duet has given me good service for the last 4 years, But thanks for the suggestion and reply.
Btw, if you say an amp? What kind of amp? Speaker or headphone? Are you using any of the pro audio features of the unit?

Carovigno

For additional features, if you need it, such as USB C ports, Bluetooth 5xx, then Fiio k9 pro. I’m a mac / iPhone / Apple TV user so those features are a must have.

OP
C
For additional features, if you need it, such as USB C ports, Bluetooth 5xx, then Fiio k9 pro. I’m a mac / iPhone / Apple TV user so those features are a must have.
Thank you for your reply. May I ask, what set up you have that works with your Mac?

Top Bottom