• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AMP/DAC combo recommendation for Sennheiser HD650

cineaste

I ordered a pair of Sennheiser HD650s and I am wondering if it's best to get a Topping NX4 or Dacport HD to drive them. Portability is a factor (maybe the Topping isn't great for commuting), but because I will not have my Denon receiver for a year (I am not sure even if it was suitable for these headphones) I was thinking of maybe getting the Dacport HD and then something more powerful for home. I am afraid that the Topping would be more than enough so that I will not get anything better! How much more powerful and verstaile is the topping than the Dacport? Any other suggestions are welcome!

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Both r good. Topping NX4 has battery, that will be good, it won't drain your phone/tablet as much, you can glue/Velcro it to the back of phone or tablet. DACport HD is more expensive and has no battery.

Top Bottom