• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp broke

OP
MDAguy

MDAguy

Forum Donor

jomark911

Their bluray player was a DENON made in japan.
The same is true for the prepro they were selling those years.
I don't remember anymore , and I don't have to.
Let's not fill up the forum with ridiculous statements.
Sorry if I offended your patriotism , it was not my intention.

OP
MDAguy

MDAguy

Forum Donor

Not offended.. If you look at my signature block you will see I own British and Japanese HiFi as well as American.. But facts are important, especially if someone else reads this and gets bad information.

As for Denon making their Blueray... Denon makes ALL the transports (and still does) for McIntosh.... they are a great transport OEM and many use theirs. My Accuphase SA(CD) player has an in-house transport, which is one of the reasons I went with it.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The same is true for the prepro they were selling those years.
I don't remember anymore , and I don't have to.
Let's not fill up the forum with ridiculous statements.
Sorry if I offended your patriotism , it was not my intention.
Then you should have qualified your initial statement, which was wrong. (If McIntosh was merely rebadging a Denon BluRay player, McIntosh certainly did not have a production line in Japan.) We have enough trouble with BS in audio, and we don't need factually incorrect information on top of that.

Logan Nolag

I saw a similar post over on audioaficionado. I don’t know if this OP is the same person but that amp clearly broke because the OP was using a GIGANTIC aftermarket power cord which most likely acted as a lever. I have owned many McIntosh components over the years. My oldest McIntosh component was an MC2125 from the 70s and my newest is a brand new C2700 preamp and as far as I can tell the modern build quality is as good as ever if not even better than in the past.

EDIT: Here's the other thread: https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49184 if you look in the OPs signature you can see he's using this: https://www.thecableco.com/sv-12-power-cord.html ridiculous cable with his amp. Not surprised it broke with that massive thing hanging off the back of the amp.

Last edited:
Reactions: wje

wje

Forum Donor
I saw a similar post over on audioaficionado. I don’t know if this OP is the same person but that amp clearly broke because the OP was using a GIGANTIC aftermarket power cord which most likely acted as a lever. I have owned many McIntosh components over the years. My oldest McIntosh component was an MC2125 from the 70s and my newest is a brand new C2700 preamp and as far as I can tell the modern build quality is as good as ever if not even better than in the past.

EDIT: Here's the other thread: https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49184 if you look in the OPs signature you can see he's using this: https://www.thecableco.com/sv-12-power-cord.html ridiculous cable with his amp. Not surprised it broke with that massive thing hanging off the back of the amp.

True. Also, when moving equipment, always unplug the power cable, the RCA or XLR cables as well as the speaker connections. Then, move you gear, then, re-insert all of the connectors. This will ensure you don't put any strain on any of the jacks when moving your gear.

Top Bottom