• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp advice

tsoltan

Hi All,

I need an amp advice.
I'm going to buy Wharfedale diamond 225 or Wharfedale diamond 12.2 and I need an amp for it.
My budget is around 400 USD for the amp.
The speaker's sensitivity is 88dB and 8 Ohms.
I need not tall amp - below 10cm height(it would be great), listening distance up to 5 meters. I don't care about a lot of inputs, but 2 inputs would be beneficial in case of future upgrades to the system.
I'm living in Ukraine, we do not have much choice here.
Based on that I can see such options:
Cambridge audio axa35 - 35 Watts (into 8 Ohms)
Nad c 316bee v2 - 40 Watts (into 8 Ohms)
AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 - looks like a lot of power
other Chinese brands based on Infineon ma12070 - 40 Watts (into 8 Ohms)

I believe that soundwise ca or nad would be better. But what about power - would it be enough?
As for AIYIMA is it a lot worse than ca or nad - because power will be enough for sure.

Or maybe you have your own sugestions.
As for used apms - I'm a bit scared cuz I don't know real value(price) of the amps and also it would be hard to check its efficiency(is it works well).

Or maybe something like that - https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/powe...wer-amplifier-ncore-2x125w-4-ohm-p-12756.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom