• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir's TODO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So far, I hate, hate, hate the minidsp! No software came with it. Went looking for it and it demanded some kind of "coupon!" Coupon??? Went to look in the papers that came with it, there was a coupon. I put in the coupon and then it asks me what I want to download and warns me that it only allows one download and that is it!!! What the heck??? I select one and installed it. It is now configured under Windows but it plays nothing over USB. After spending an hour with it, I threw it to the side. Sitting here, I still don't know how to use it.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, that is really good stuff! Didn't know the O2 had batteries inside it!
He (Tom) is truly one of the best in the industry. Look at his CV that's posted...no joke. Of course his designs are proven too.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
He (Tom) is truly one of the best in the industry. Look at his CV that's posted...no joke. Of course his designs are proven too.
Been reading his site for a while and indeed, what transparency and competence he brings here. Would have loved to ge this headphone amp but at $1,200, it is out of my price range.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The $99 usb version? apparently that one performs the best
Yes. I was tempted to get the one with optical input but they wanted more money and I said NO! :D

Glad to hear it is supposed to be better.

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm pretty sure there are people who have solved the grand mystery of the minidsp before you, Amir! ;)

Btw, did you forget the Driverack PA2 on the list, or didn't it reach its destination?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for the offer of help. I just like to plug things in and have them work and this one put every obstacle there to stop me. When I get more time and patience, I will take another go.

For now, does this thing act like a normal USB DAC? Or is the USB just for control?

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought I ordered it but looking on Amazon, it doesn't say I did. Given how much I have spent and how much I still have to review this month, I think I will push that to December.

Ok, sure. Looking forward to the minidsp revue though.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Which unit do you have, there may we’ll be newer models but the ones we sold USB was control only.
Essentially configure with your PC download files to the hardware ,remove computer.
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks for the offer of help. I just like to plug things in and have them work and this one put every obstacle there to stop me. When I get more time and patience, I will take another go.

For now, does this thing act like a normal USB DAC? Or is the USB just for control?
Sounds like your gonna have to call in your son to show you how to hook things up again.. :D

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Audio Input must be selected. Analog, Toslink, USB

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm excited to see how the Gustard (which I own and like, because of its super-stable Windows drivers) compares to the Berkeley Alpha and Audiophileo USB interfaces.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm excited to see how the Gustard (which I own and like, because of its super-stable Windows drivers) compares to the Berkeley Alpha and Audiophileo USB interfaces.
My Berkeley has broken unfortunately so I can only do the comparison against Audiophilleo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom