• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir's TODO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willem

Major Contributor
And another one: the new Sonos AMP. 2x125 watt in a highly functional and slick unit that is perfect for a modern streaming based life style system. Provided it measures well it should satisfy the neds of all but a very small group of life style users. It has an input for tv sound and an output for a subwoofer, looks great, and has auto on/off so you can even hide it out of sight. Add some medium size high end speakers like the Harbeth M30.1 and you are all set for very good sound in an unobtrusive and ultra convenient system.

vitalii427

Forum Donor
So which do you guys want to see reviewed sooner, the Benchmark HPA4 or AH B2 Power amplifier? I don't that I can get both so like to know the priority before I go and ask.
AHB2!

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Miguel

The master sinad is getting too cluttered and difficult to read, i propose you divide it in four, "dacs", "headphone amps", "dac/headphone amps" and "other", of course the "other" could expand in the future depending on what get tested.
And maybe just maybe color code the graph by price range, something like bellow x, between x and y, between y and z and more than z, 4 colors should do the trick.
And in the future, as the number of products tested gets too big, remove the ones not on the market anymore, and remove the ones that are simply not good enough or not recommended for whatever reason.
Just my two cents.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yeh, it is a growing problem, literally! FYI you can click on the graph and it will expand to a larger size for clarity.

One option is to have the graph vertically. That way size is not a limitation.

vitalii427

Forum Donor
@amirm, thank you for all your hard work! I am interested in more details of the measurement process. I know that I ask a lot, but it would be great if you can make a video one of your sessions.

bowzin

Hello, long time listener, first time caller.

+1 on Little Labs Monotor. I'm coming from a music production background, and this one gets rave reviews in that world (Gearslutz, etc.). Mr. Little is apparently a well-respected designer, his other products are impressive, curious how the Monotor stacks up under the bright lights. Might purchase one soon, if you need a donor unit.

Thanks, Amirm, phenomenal work, truly.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm, thank you for all your hard work! I am interested in more details of the measurement process. I know that I ask a lot, but it would be great if you can make a video one of your sessions.
It is planned. I am getting the gear ready to do a proper job for video. I will be doing a tutorial of what the measurements mean initially and then do video reviews of some of the measurements moving forward.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello, long time listener, first time caller.

+1 on Little Labs Monotor. I'm coming from a music production background, and this one gets rave reviews in that world (Gearslutz, etc.). Mr. Little is apparently a well-respected designer, his other products are impressive, curious how the Monotor stacks up under the bright lights. Might purchase one soon, if you need a donor unit.

Thanks, Amirm, phenomenal work, truly.
Welcome aboard and thank for the kind words. The Monotor has already arrived for review so look for it soon.

miero

Is the TODO list moved somewhere else? It would be nice to know what is in the queue... :)

Jaimo

Yeh, it is a growing problem, literally! FYI you can click on the graph and it will expand to a larger size for clarity.

One option is to have the graph vertically. That way size is not a limitation.
I just figured out why I have a pain in the neck and my eyes hurt...1+ for a vertical graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom