• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir's TODO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silou

Interesting. When searching for M3, I noticed a number of people complaining about broken units.
It is a really interesting and dangerous device... I used it with my parents Denon PMA 710AE once and since then the right channel of the Denon is hissing. I do not know if the M3 is even capable of doing such things but this is my experience with it.

KR8NUX

SMSL has so many products filling the lower and mid tier of the market, and their QC is also all over the place. On top of that even Sabaj and Loxjie etc are subsidiaries of the parent company. I don't understand the company strategy or logic.

KR8NUX

I used to think Zeos is just the funny man to watch in the audio community, and most of his suggestions were either in line with the general consensus or ill informed(the man doesn't know the difference between a raw and compensated FR dang it !) But turns out his suggested and well reviewed devices actually get sold because of his audience being wide reaching. I funnily noticed how after he suggested the Loxjie P20, it got sold out on Amazon and increased permanently by 10$ on AliExpress !
His suggested devices might be a good place to start as a sequence for testing stuff.

Veri

Master Contributor
I used to think Zeos is just the funny man to watch in the audio community, and most of his suggestions were either in line with the general consensus or ill informed(the man doesn't know the difference between a raw and compensated FR dang it !) But turns out his suggested and well reviewed devices actually get sold because of his audience being wide reaching. I funnily noticed how after he suggested the Loxjie P20, it got sold out on Amazon and increased permanently by 10$ on AliExpress !
His suggested devices might be a good place to start as a sequence for testing stuff.
SMSL/Sabaj/Loxjie gives him stuff for free though. They basically advertise through him (with great success).

Silou

My SMSL M3 just died completely. I was wondering why my headphones sound so bad. Everything distorts and the bass is awfull with the distortion. The heeadphones sounded bad with the M3 and my Loxjie P20. Well that is no wonder, because the M3 outputs to the P20. The M3 was a christmas present for me and it survived nearly two years.

Edit: I have to correct myself. The device only behaves like I described, when the Loxjie is connected to the Line Output. The M3 does not show any problems when connected with my AVR.

Last edited:

KR8NUX

The list was last edited on Sept 13. Any new additions to be done?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The list was last edited on Sept 13. Any new additions to be done?
Countless. So much so that I have given up on updating the list. Sorry about that.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

shiro

some time ago Zeos review this DAC along with a couple of tube amps:
https://stoneracoustics.com/udx/
as a rather affordable balanced DAC using the AKM AK4497EQ it would be interesting to see how it measures

if possible, i would also like to see how Questyle audio products compare against their cheaper chinesse counterparts like topping or SMSL to see if the price difference is justified, i believe their most affordable unit is the CMA400i amp/DAC

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
some time ago Zeos review this DAC along with a couple of tube amps:
https://stoneracoustics.com/udx/
as a rather affordable balanced DAC using the AKM AK4497EQ it would be interesting to see how it measures

if possible, i would also like to see how Questyle audio products compare against their cheaper chinesse counterparts like topping or SMSL to see if the price difference is justified, i believe their most affordable unit is the CMA400i amp/DAC
Will need someone to loan them to me given the rather high cost.

BTW, that is one cute cat in your avatar! And a fitting one given your alias...

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
While updating a list of hardware to test is time consuming, I wonder if @amirm could reveal some of the testing queue in such 3 model name manner?

Recently tested: 1 name (link to review here)
Currently testing: 1 name
Next potential device selected for testing: 1 name or 2 max (relative to personal ambition)

This can quickly help use look forward in the amazing work done by this forum.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Problem with keeping this up in the future is that I am not this organized normally. :) Requests come in to test stuff that changes priority. And sometimes I run into testing issues that delays things.

You could just keep it to 2 names (last and current potential without one after that) written above the updated list on post #1. Keep up the godlike work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom