• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Amir's TODO thread

bowzin

Hello, long time listener, first time caller.

+1 on Little Labs Monotor. I'm coming from a music production background, and this one gets rave reviews in that world (Gearslutz, etc.). Mr. Little is apparently a well-respected designer, his other products are impressive, curious how the Monotor stacks up under the bright lights. Might purchase one soon, if you need a donor unit.

Thanks, Amirm, phenomenal work, truly.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm, thank you for all your hard work! I am interested in more details of the measurement process. I know that I ask a lot, but it would be great if you can make a video one of your sessions.
It is planned. I am getting the gear ready to do a proper job for video. I will be doing a tutorial of what the measurements mean initially and then do video reviews of some of the measurements moving forward.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello, long time listener, first time caller.

+1 on Little Labs Monotor. I'm coming from a music production background, and this one gets rave reviews in that world (Gearslutz, etc.). Mr. Little is apparently a well-respected designer, his other products are impressive, curious how the Monotor stacks up under the bright lights. Might purchase one soon, if you need a donor unit.

Thanks, Amirm, phenomenal work, truly.
Welcome aboard and thank for the kind words. The Monotor has already arrived for review so look for it soon.

miero

Is the TODO list moved somewhere else? It would be nice to know what is in the queue... :)

Jaimo

Patreon Donor
Yeh, it is a growing problem, literally! FYI you can click on the graph and it will expand to a larger size for clarity.

One option is to have the graph vertically. That way size is not a limitation.
I just figured out why I have a pain in the neck and my eyes hurt...1+ for a vertical graph.

Olli

Patreon Donor
So which do you guys want to see reviewed sooner, the Benchmark HPA4 or AH B2 Power amplifier? I don't that I can get both so like to know the priority before I go and ask.
AHB2! We have a master Headphone Amp already (Massdtop THX) but no proper power Amp yet!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When can we expect the Little Labs Monotor measurements?
You are expecting someone more organized than me. :) Right now, I am going by how loud someone complains for their unit. :) :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How about an Aptx HD stream to a dac vs. one of your stand alone dacs using 16/44.1 files? I guess you could do the test if you ran your DX3 Pro off of an APTx HD source.

I've recently switched to using Aptx HD with my LG G6 ($150 used), Foobar using my 16 and 24 bit flac files, and feeding a BluDento HD receiver ($95). I can A/B it with my computer setup and at least with my old ears I'm not missing anything. It's not "the best" but it sure is convenient.

Top Bottom