• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Amir's TODO thread

sprellemannen

Patreon Donor
Is there a chance for a Benchmark HPA4 review in 2019?

Oh, I see. We are now voting on how Amir budgets his day. I vote that he devotes one day to catching up on his gardening. Or clearing away all those Amazon boxes on his front porch.

Speaking of Amazon...I have this client that we deliver to. He is enthusiastic about using the one button ordering feature. The pleasure of instant gratification even surpasses the pleasure of possession. So, every time we go to his house, there are 20 new boxes on the porch. You kind of have to plow your own path to the door.

Now in this day and age of people having parcels stolen from their front door, here is this trove just taunting the opportunists of this world. I even think there is reverse psychology at work - it screams "Go ahead. Make my day!"

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

bigx5murf

That's an interesting device, is this the form factor SMSL is going for from here on out? The listed specs are worst than the sanskrit 10th. But looks like the analog and digital portions are on separate boards, so might be isolated better. Also on SMSL's website, the M100 has measurements posted, while the sanskrit 10th doesn't.

I would like to see a subjective review to go along with each scientific review. Measurements and listening experience. Keep the headphones used and music files constant.

I would like to see a subjective review to go along with each scientific review. Measurements and listening experience. Keep the headphones used and music files constant.
I am quite sure that subjective listening experience is not what people are looking for on ASR. Subjective impressions have nothing to do with science.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I do that for all headphone amplifiers. Same headphones. Same content I have specially created for headphone amp testing.

Outside of that differences shrink and testing becomes much more difficult. And at any rate, my listening tests may not be relatable to others.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So which do you guys want to see reviewed sooner, the Benchmark HPA4 or AH B2 Power amplifier? I don't that I can get both so like to know the priority before I go and ask.

sprellemannen

Patreon Donor
So which do you guys want to see reviewed sooner, the Benchmark HPA4 or AH B2 Power amplifier? I don't that I can get both so like to know the priority before I go and ask.
Definitively HPA4.

Top Bottom