• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir's test tracks - is there a list?

Woody Stool

Is there a list somewhere of Amir's audio test tracks? I'm speaking of music tracks and not test signals/tones. Enquiring minds want to know, and thanks.

OP
W

Woody Stool

I think you made reference to a Genesis track in one of your reviews, and I'm very curious which one that might be. Big fan of theirs from back in the day, saw them live quite a few times and their light show never disappointed. Those bass pedals didn't disappoint either.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Here it is:
1605660559041.png

OP
W

Woody Stool

Interesting. I was thinking you were using either "Dance On a Volcano" or "Squonk" from "Trick of the Tail" as an exercise in bass response.

OP
W

Woody Stool

Hold On My Heart really has a nice laid-back vibe, with some healthy lower octaves. Good choice.

polmuaddib

Forum Donor
Can you reveal at least one "Killer Bass" track that you use? I am always interested in those. My Ane Brun album is wearing thin.... thanks

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Same one @amirm uses for his car audio SPL competitions:

Wowowow. I've never seen that sort of extreme car audio thing before. Those people where in the car with no hearing PPE. I have been in a Camaro show car that was tuned for high fidelity and when cranked one time my vision was going.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Can you reveal at least one "Killer Bass" track that you use? I am always interested in those. My Ane Brun album is wearing thin.... thanks
Tell me about it. I am starting to hate all of my reference tracks after listening 100 times to them in testing speakers!

Here are two more:

1606208352277.png

The deep bass on the second one starts halfway into the track. So don't turn up the volume until you get there!

Note that you can severely damage your speakers with these tracks if volume is too high! So go slow first.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Here's some insane 6.5" woogers, 20 of them, in a car. :facepalm:

Here we are, listening to audiophile music tracks, thinking how superior we are, and these guys are almost listening to low frequency test tones.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's some insane 6.5" woogers, 20 of them, in a car. :facepalm:

Here we are, listening to audiophile music tracks, thinking how superior we are, and these guys are almost listening to low frequency test tones.
I don't think I would want to buy that car after they do this to it.

Top Bottom