• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir's subjective speaker rankings

ahl

Is there a list for the subjective ranking of amir?

If not, i would like to know what are amir's top 10 loved speakers ranked.

Also are speakers burned in before measurements or subjective listening?

OP
A

ahl

Also would like to know that about other reviewers (sorry i dont know all by name)

Amir has told the members were against subjective list. If not complete rankings, anyhow, there will always be memorable ones.

Top3, Top5, Top10?. Give us your favourites you love to listen to.

Last edited:

beren777

5Naa.gif

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Funny you’ve asked. Check here (and contribute, if you will): :)

noobie1

As far as I can tell, Amir’s favorite speaker is his own - Revel Salon 2. Of the speakers he’s reviewed off of my head - some of the following received glowing subjective remarks: Revel 228Be, Genelec 8651, KEF LS50 meta, JBL 4309 and several others.

Last edited:
OP
A

ahl

As far as I can tell, Amir’s favorite speaker is his own - Revel Salon 2. Of the speakers he’s reviewed of my head, some of the following received glowing subjective remarks: Revel 228Be, Genelec 8651, KEF LS50 meta, JBL 4309 and several others.
I also read it for elac debut reference dbr62

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Is there a list for the subjective ranking of amir?

If not, i would like to know what are amir's top 10 loved speakers ranked.

1. No. The point of the site is objectivity, and any subjective thoughts are merely nice to have.

2. Those who have been around a while and paid attention know Amir values deep bass extension, high dynamic range, low distortion, flat frequency response, and wide, even directivity. You can read the measurements with those traits in mind and figure out what he probably likes. Otherwise, there is just the yes / no found on this page: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/SpeakerTestData/

3. Being exercised on the Klippel is plenty of "burn-in," which isn't really a thing beyond the first few minutes to 1 hour. That is all that is needed to "burn in" the drivers. The rest is you acclimating to the sound of the speakers and their interaction with your room.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
1. If you want to see which speakers Amir recommended, look at:
Then under "Recommended" dropdown, select "Yes".
Keep in mind that this was last updated on 2021-10-08, as this table is maintained by a few members (community effort).

2. If you want to see which speakers Amir gave the Soccer (or Golfing) Panther Awards to, look at:
But keep in mind, that I created this thread for Canadian shoppers in mind.
You can quickly see which speakers are on this list.

3. If you want to see which speakers are ranked to have the best preference score/rating, look at:
The top 3 picks are simply the speakers with the highest preference rating, nothing more.
The worthy picks below are speakers that either Amir and Erin reviewed, and favorably recommended.
This list was curated by me based on these criteria.

4. If you want to see which speakers people have heard and then put their own ranking in terms of their preference, look at:

Hope that helped. :)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Then again if like Amir's preference/comments on aesthetics, may not be very meaningful, depending (his aren't mine)

billyjoebob

Burn in is largely a myth - it's not the speakers burning in, it's your ears adapting to the speakers.
If this is true, why do manufacturers state that a small burn in time is recommended?
With nothing to gain from it, who do I believe, the manufacturer or people on this forum?

Robin L

Master Contributor
If this is true, why do manufacturers state that a small burn in time is recommended?
With nothing to gain from it, who do I believe, the manufacturer or people on this forum?
Never, ever trust a manufacturer. You don't know their motives or M.O.

OP
A

ahl

2. If you want to see which speakers Amir gave the Soccer (or Golfing) Panther Awards to, look at:
But keep in mind, that I created this thread for Canadian shoppers in mind.
You can quickly see which speakers are on this list.
This certainly helps somewhat, these got the highest recommendations?

OP
A

ahl

Better make your own opinion with experience, you will always get polarized replies on any forum.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Same reason they put biwire terminals on most speakers, marketing. With break in belief, you believe that they start to sound better after owing them for a bit. This has been measured many times.

Paolo

Manufacturers won’t alienate their prospect buyers, even the most serious ones will not come out and say on your face “You’re talking BS.”
So, you will see a range of answer to questions about mythological themes, from the unscrupulous who incorporate nonsense in their marketing material to the ones that only gets evasive when asked. Just try to imagine what you will do in their place, will you lose a sale only to argument over a stupid point with your customer or what?

I remember an interview with the founder of Ollo Audio on YouTube, they do design with measurement in mind*, and when asked about the burn-in period I’ve got a good laugh, he replied politely, but with literal rolling eyes, funny and comprehensible.

*someone argue over how good their research is, but this is not the point, Ollo’s ethos is in the right place.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
saying that drivers wont change over time is ingoring physics.
now it's very depend on the material, quality and other factors. if a driver changes significantly after a "break-in" procedure, it probably never will be broken-in, since it will always change....and then aventualy break. It would basicly have a Half-Life. I can imagine that drivers in the 70ies and 80ies behaved like this, and that the initial changes were pretty noticable.

Top Bottom