• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir, you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomissoawesome

Forum Donor
This post is in Audiophile Style's new, separate but equal Objective-Fi subforum. (Background here.) I guess there the objectivists are viewed as the noise and the subjectivists the signal. Rarely read much there besides mitchco. Though every once in a while ogling the eye candy equipment is fun.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Amir tests what Amir gets. Miska should send him some high-end gear to test if he wants to see more. Guess he's ignoring the myriad of inexpensive gear that measures as well or better...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Software salesman.
Keith

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Objective-Fi is a weird name for a subforum. It should be named Hi-Fi, and the rest of their board My-Fi.

Old Listener

That thread on Objective-Fi shows that ASR is creating a stir in the audiophile community. Chris wants some of the Objectivist action. He is hwever offended by wgscott's suggestion that Audiophile Style lacks "deliberative, dispassionate discourse". His reaction to wgscott's post is telling.

wgscott
  • Hindsight is 2020
Posted 14 hours ago
I have to admit I do get the creeps from the avatars they have.

But it is kind of cool to see that deliberative, dispassionate discourse still exists on the internet, and that not all audio-related sites have degenerated into the functional equivalent of goop.com
The Computer Audiophile
  • Founder Audiophile Style
Posted 14 hours ago
Prof. Scott, I thought you wanted your account nuked here?

I understand your frustration / anger but I think this thread is a purposeful kick in the nuts to me. I’m not offended but it feels more hurtful than anything.

I like to stick it to the man whenever possible, as much as you, but I’m not the man, man.

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Objective-Fi is a weird name for a subforum. It should be named Hi-Fi, and the rest of their board My-Fi.
Is it a coincidence how close Objective-Fi is to objectify? :facepalm:

ob·jec·ti·fy
/əbˈjektəˌfī/

verb
1. degrade to the status of a mere object.

Which members contributed most to that controversial enormous thread that drove so much traffic to that site? (No, I don't mean the other controversial enormous thread that is just an echo chamber within a chunk of the core membership of the site and its sponsors lmao (no dissent or evidence allowed haha)! I mean the one that had writers and editors of fanzines/webzines in an uproar, and brought new eyes and advert $$$ to the site.)

They served their purpose, and now they can be tossed aside.

doodlebro

Sounds more like he's making commentary on the way that Amir's reviews are used unrealistically... That's us, not Amir.

This board definitely has a culture problem regarding the way it interprets Amir's reviews... Too much worship and not enough "Hey, how does that work out in the real world?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom