• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir should setup a YouTube channel for more income source

Music1969

Major Contributor
I really like this young German guy's reviews (including measurements) of Pro Audio gear.

I've seen his subscriber count jump a lot the past year.

I would imagine @amirm would do well and maybe make some extra money from the views and subscriber count !

Thoughts Amir ?

Last edited:

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Only one problem: you have to produce movies for Youtube, and that’s vastly more time-consuming and expensive than writing a review. Plus, it’s very difficult to get the type of quality information @amirm provides in a video that’s short and punchy enough to attract the number of views that would generate enough income to offset the production costs. And of course, it would mean less reviews, and it’s the reviews that make ASR so enjoyable.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I need to do it. Heaven knows I get a lot of information myself from youtube videos. Not for money but to reach more people. Also, sometimes it is easier to explain things in person than write. the drawback is of course time it takes to produce it, good equipment and lighting, etc.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

BillH

Forum Donor
I don't know if I could handle it if Amir doesn't look exactly like his avatar...

StefaanE

Forum Donor
I need to do it. Heaven knows I get a lot of information myself from youtube videos. Not for money but to reach more people. Also, sometimes it is easier to explain things in person than write. the drawback is of course time it takes to produce it, good equipment and lighting, etc.
It’s a lot of work. My wife started a successful coverstitching group on Facebook (now more than 23,000 members, but not a cent of revenue) and would like to produce movies with tips and techniques, so I researched what one needs to produce decent movies, where one shows close-ups of equipment in action. It’s a significant investment in time and equipment, and in her case, a cameraperson as she’s busy with the machines.

AllanDavidson

Is there something in particular that would help you setup the YouTube Channel that we could help you with?

bigjacko

I think Amir can even hire someone to to the videos if Amir wants a youtube channel.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been interested in this sort of thing myself after moving to full-frame mirrorless, but it is a time investment. It could be very worth it, though for efficiency's sake you'll want someone else doing the video work, including editing.

pierre

Forum Donor

‘I am sure you have some DSLRs lying around.
Blackmagic is your friend. You could take the opportunity to test their audio product :)

the key issue is time. Possibly some people could help to go from rushes to a more polished movie.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
‘I am sure you have some DSLRs lying around.
Blackmagic is your friend. You could take the opportunity to test their audio product :)
I have the Elgato USB 3 HDMI capture which worked with my DSLR but had some issues which I forget now. Need to try the new webcam software from Canon and see if that works better.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is there something in particular that would help you setup the YouTube Channel that we could help you with?
I guess some feedback would be good. The easiest for me to do is one-take voiceover. See this example I did:

Hopefully you can see that i can cover more than what I can in text using visuals. I did four of these I think and each took a couple of hours. Had to do a lot to refine the audio fidelity with gating, filtering, limiters, etc. But once I got there, it was not too bad to produce more.

Someone also suggested an automated one where I do a video that is just background music and showing each measurement as a slide show. Personally I am not a fan of such videos online but to the extent they get people's attention on youtube, it may be of value. Let me know what you think of this idea. If we go this way, then others can ghost produce them for me as well as I can and we can go very fast. Maybe we make an automated video for everything and then I do a few that are personalized.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Then there's this:

https://www.uscreen.tv/blog/how-to-survive-youtube-demonetization/#:~:text=YouTube demonetization is when videos,changes in YouTube's advertising algorithm.&text=Videos are removed from their Account Monetization program

"YouTube demonetization is when videos or channels lose their ability to earn advertising income. This is often due to changes in YouTube’s advertising algorithm.

It’s a simple two-step process:
  1. YouTube updates its algorithm
  2. Videos are removed from their Account Monetization program
These videos are usually videos that either definitely, or could potentially, contain content that advertisers don’t want to be associated with."

McFly

Erin's doing it, quite well, and he doesnt (yet) have a klippel NFS.

Cant be that hard. Kids are producing crazy good videos these days

DuxServit

Forum Donor
I guess some feedback would be good. The easiest for me to do is one-take voiceover. See this example I did:...

@Amir This is a great start. Perhaps you don’t need to video yourself, as this method seems to already communicate enough information to the audience.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I guess some feedback would be good. The easiest for me to do is one-take voiceover. See this example I did:

I like that. I think people like hearing a voice, and I definitely prefer that over a slide show, at least for a review.

Maybe have the camera focused on your workbench from over your shoulder and record your entire analysis, most of it playing at maybe 6x speed, then slow down to narrate something of import, as you go, then speed up until the next comment-worthy finding, etc.

This would show your methodology clearly, and give more insight into what was involved.

Might also save time for you, since you could just send the video off to have that edited and dealt with after basically narrating your review as you go.

For speakers, showing that Klippel doing it's thing also might be kinda cool...

Having some high-tech fancy-pants visuals like that wouldn't hurt.

Happy to see you seriously considering this.

Hiten

This I think is very good suggestion. Dont know which would be more convenient and time saving ? Making a video OR typing composing attaching graphs pics and explaining in typed format on web. You can upload video first here as well as on youtube. I am told there are audio groups on facebook too (am not on FB) It will only give more exposure/audience. Which will be a good thing. I guess it will be convenient and more interesting for readers/viewers too.
Regards.

addition : Watched the Linn High Res. Video. Personally it is more engrossing than reading.

Top Bottom