• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Discussion (With X670E Charts)

DonR

Major Contributor
Interesting, so presumably you are going without a fair bit of more modern technology, maybe some of your other equipment is more modern. Like you say, if you don't have a use for the new features, then it is immaterial if something is newer. I am always concerned (perhaps unduly) about something giving up the ghost and prefer to consolidate into a few devices as possible, but to each his own.
I like to spread the risk. I was using the H67 board for many years until I "inherited" the Z77 board recently. The H67 has non-functional HDMI ports and non-functional USB 3 ports but everything else worked fine. A testament to the robustness of MBs I think. I will definitely not put another penny into this platform but if I were an AM4 owner (other family members are), I would still consider it viable for at least the next 5 years. AM5 promises similar longevity.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
How long would you trust running one motherboard for? Say you wanted the same board in 7 years time, it will only be available used. How long do you typically expect one to last? I can just see myself inviting trouble by pushing it too far (I'm not usually one for the latest features, at least in recent years). This is more of a concern for me than features (board availability/hassle from downtime).

BTW see edit to previous post above.

I ran my previous system, an Intel 2500K, which was overclocked from 3.3GHz to 4.3GHz, and used for 8 hours or more most days, for 9 years. :)

About 3 years ago I replaced it with an X570 motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X.

When the new Ryzen 7000 CPUs are released I might look at replacing the 3700X with a 5800X, or maybe a 5900X or 5950X if the prices drop significantly, so I can continue use my existing X570 motherboard and DDR4 memory for a few more years.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Do many of you change CPUs and not the motherboard? To return to what I said earlier, I usually wait about 5 years and swap out both, the advances being made in that time being significant enough to warrant change of both.

I wonder how many swap new processors onto older boards. Performance gains over a few generations (on like for like processors) have been relatively small recently.
I have been upgrading on the AM4 Ryzen family platform...

One of the areas of cost that tends to be overlooked is RAM - My previous home server platform had 16gb, my current one has 64Gb... upgrading the CPU performance will gain me little or nothing.

My main home PC is a HTPC / Media Centre - used for light gaming as well - it is on a fanless platform (HDPlex heatsink case) - so performance per watt is key, as is total TDP..., current RAM at 16Gb is adequate - and upgrade to the latest generation would gain me nothing, and require replacing MB, RAM and CPU.... it will be a few years before that is truly worthwhile.

When I moved from AM2+ to AM4 platform - I shifted my Phenom PC with 16Gb RAM into a secondary PC, used for occasional LAN gaming with my son - it still runs well, and is still capable of running most of what I use today.

Having said that - my NAS/Server is using a 2400G - and also runs as a Hyperv VM server - and it gets hammered once I load up a couple of VM's.... So I am looking at options with regards to putting a 5700g into there, I have a 4750G in my HTPC... and am potentially considering doing a trickle down - put a 5700 with a GPU, and then moving the 4750g to the server...

So yeah I upgrade CPU's within a generation... but I try to keep it to the end of a series - when the prices drop, to get the best bang for the buck

generalguy

That MSI 2x M.2 M-key -> PCIe CEM x8 (why the fuck does it have an x16 connector...) doesn't look to have a pcie switch on it: they need a heatsink usually and are $$$$

It's very likely using X8->x4x4 bifurcation

Last edited:
OP
ThatM1key

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
After many months of seeing AM5 (1st gen) on the market, I don't care about it as much as I thought. Most AM5 CPU's have good performance, The motherboards have good features but not great prices, and the X670E chipset just sucks ass. Hopefully X770 will actually be PCIe 5.0.

Chipset:
First off, X670E is dumb. Dual chipsets sound nice but there connected like a train. The 2 chipsets are connected together via PCIe 4.0 x4 and the first chipset connected to the CPU is PCIe 4.0 x4, wtf. X670E chipsets literally feel like 2 revised X570 chipsets working together and at the time, a concept.. Everybody was hoping that all the new chipsets would be PCIe 5.0 not 4.0. You can have the most USB ports, M.2 spots, SATA ports but what matters is the link speed between the CPU and the Chipset, which Intel kicked AMDs ass (Intel's Z790 is PCIe 4.0 x8). God, I can't imagine the latency problems with a device going through a chipset, then another, then finally the CPU.

Sch%C3%A9ma-mo%C5%BEn%C3%A9-konfigurace-a-zapojen%C3%AD-platformy-AMD-X670-1.jpg

*The 2nd x4 is actually 5.0 not 4.0.

If your curious on the differences between X670E and X570:
X670E (Dual Chipset) (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM5)X570 (Single Chipset) (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_chipsets)
Chipset lanesPCIe 4.0 x12 / PCIe 3.0 x8PCIe 4.0 x16
AMD CrossfireYesYes
NVidia SLI NoYes
USB 2.0124
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gb/s)00
USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gb/s)88
USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (20 Gb/s)2 (Depending on MB Config)0
SATA Ports812
RAID0, 1, 100, 1, 10
CPU OverclockingYesYes
Chipset To CPUPCIe 4.0 x4 (From First Chipset).PCIe 4.0 x4
Chipset To ChipsetPCIe 4.0 x4

CPU's:
AMD 7900X, 7950X, 7800X, etc were good chips at reasonable prices. When the 7950X3D came out, it was a shit show. Instead of having a built in scheduler (That tells the cores which workload to do) like Intel's, AMD decided to go with Windows built in one. AMD decided to once again not include which really backfired. Other AMD CPUs didn't have one but the difference was the 7950X was a chiplet design rather being an all-in-one design. The AMD drivers barely helped the poor 7950X3D and a good chunk of the time, workloads would be placed onto the "back burner" cores. The combo of having a chiplet design and having no custom scheduler was so horrible that sometimes the cheaper cousin, the 7800X3D would actually beat it in games. Ironically the 7950X was better at productivity, which is another blow. The 7950X3D was terrible at gaming and at doing productive workloads. The 7950X3D sent a message, AMD was slowing going back to there Bulldozer days of not giving a fuck.

The thing that Intel doesn't have is PCIe bifurcation. AM5 can gladly still do it and on top of it, have 24 PCIe lanes instead of Intel's 13th gen 20 PCIe lanes. Intel's 12th/13th gen CPUs has 500 more CPU pins then 10th/11th gen and yet they removed a feature, how the fuck do you even do that?

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My guess is that I made a good choice to build a new computer with an AM4 socket and a X570S chipset.
The audio chip is a Realtek ALC1200 that is directly connected to the processor.
That way I am avoiding any USB glitch/disconnection.

Ryzen 7000 is too recent and too expensive for now.

dru_111R

Having said that - my NAS/Server is using a 2400G - and also runs as a Hyperv VM server - and it gets hammered once I load up a couple of VM's.... So I am looking at options with regards to putting a 5700g into there, I have a 4750G in my HTPC... and am potentially considering doing a trickle down - put a 5700 with a GPU, and then moving the 4750g to the server...

So yeah I upgrade CPU's within a generation... but I try to keep it to the end of a series - when the prices drop, to get the best bang for the buck

Ryzen 5700G is Cezanne... so a further gen back than the last of the AM4. Less Cache, and no PCIe 4 support.

It might be worth considering 5600X or 5700X with a cheap GPU (I found one last week that fits in the 1x PCIe slot for a vSphere build).

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm currently buying bits to build a new PC (replacing my Ryzen 7 1700X/GTX 1060 6GB build from 2018 which is going to my son). Here's the parts list with UK prices...

PartOptionCostShopOrderedReceivedNotes
CPUAMD Ryzen 9 7900£ 400.00ScanYesYesAs fast as 7900X with PBO enabled
CPU CoolerThermalright Peerless Assassin 120£ 39.00AmazonYesYesShould fit, will lower noise and help with PBO
MotherboardGIGABYTE B650M Gaming X AX£ 150.00NovatechYesNo
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5-6000 EXPO£ 113.00AmazonYesYes6000Mhz is sweat spot, EXPO Support
Video CardAsus AMD Radeon DUAL RX6650 XT OC 8GB£ 254.00OcUKNo-inc. £25 rebate. Will work in old PC if I upgrade
StorageKingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB£ 118.00BallicomYesYesCan add cheaper 2nd drive for capacity
CaseFractal Design Pop Mini Silent£ 65.00TNDYesYesinc. £10 coupon
Power SupplyBe Quiet! 750W Pure Power 12 M£ 108.00TNDYesNoNeed 600W+ for GPU upgrade, want ATX 3.0 and 80+ Gold or better
USB-C UpgradeFractal Design Model-D USB Type-C Cable£ 15.00NovatechYesNoinc. £5 delivery
Total£ 1,262.00

The only part I haven't ordered yet is the graphics card. I don't game very much these days, but I would like to be able to play occasionally at 1440p. I have an RX 6650 XT in the list above, but i'm veering towards an RX 6700/6750 XT when one comes along at a decent price. I am tracking £ per FPS for both 1080p and 1440p using a spreadsheet...

1682239274028.png

The FPS numbers are from Tomshardware GPU Hierarchy: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

I should add that there's a possibility that I'd upgrade the GPU at a later date and pass it on to my son, so it needs to work in my current PC, which is why I have excluded the Intel Arc GPUs (my old PC doesn't support resizable bar)

Last edited:

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Ryzen 5700G is Cezanne... so a further gen back than the last of the AM4. Less Cache, and no PCIe 4 support.

It might be worth considering 5600X or 5700X with a cheap GPU (I found one last week that fits in the 1x PCIe slot for a vSphere build).
I needed more cores for the VM... the 5700g did the job very well...

Since fitting that, I have seen no hint of CPU or RAM bottlenecking... (it mostly uses the RAM when deduping which takes huge amounts of RAM, but it seems happy now...5700g + 64GB RAM)
After many months of seeing AM5 (1st gen) on the market, I don't care about it as much as I thought. Most AM5 CPU's have good performance, The motherboards have good features but not great prices, and the X670E chipset just sucks ass. Hopefully X770 will actually be PCIe 5.0.

Chipset:
First off, X670E is dumb. Dual chipsets sound nice but there connected like a train. The 2 chipsets are connected together via PCIe 4.0 x4 and the first chipset connected to the CPU is PCIe 4.0 x4, wtf. X670E chipsets literally feel like 2 revised X570 chipsets working together and at the time, a concept.. Everybody was hoping that all the new chipsets would be PCIe 5.0 not 4.0. You can have the most USB ports, M.2 spots, SATA ports but what matters is the link speed between the CPU and the Chipset, which Intel kicked AMDs ass (Intel's Z790 is PCIe 4.0 x8). God, I can't imagine the latency problems with a device going through a chipset, then another, then finally the CPU.

Sch%C3%A9ma-mo%C5%BEn%C3%A9-konfigurace-a-zapojen%C3%AD-platformy-AMD-X670-1.jpg

*The 2nd x4 is actually 5.0 not 4.0.

If your curious on the differences between X670E and X570:
X670E (Dual Chipset) (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM5)X570 (Single Chipset) (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_chipsets)
Chipset lanesPCIe 4.0 x12 / PCIe 3.0 x8PCIe 4.0 x16
AMD CrossfireYesYes
NVidia SLINoYes
USB 2.0124
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gb/s)00
USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gb/s)88
USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (20 Gb/s)2 (Depending on MB Config)0
SATA Ports812
RAID0, 1, 100, 1, 10
CPU OverclockingYesYes
Chipset To CPUPCIe 4.0 x4 (From First Chipset).PCIe 4.0 x4
Chipset To ChipsetPCIe 4.0 x4

CPU's:
AMD 7900X, 7950X, 7800X, etc were good chips at reasonable prices. When the 7950X3D came out, it was a shit show. Instead of having a built in scheduler (That tells the cores which workload to do) like Intel's, AMD decided to go with Windows built in one. AMD decided to once again not include which really backfired. Other AMD CPUs didn't have one but the difference was the 7950X was a chiplet design rather being an all-in-one design. The AMD drivers barely helped the poor 7950X3D and a good chunk of the time, workloads would be placed onto the "back burner" cores. The combo of having a chiplet design and having no custom scheduler was so horrible that sometimes the cheaper cousin, the 7800X3D would actually beat it in games. Ironically the 7950X was better at productivity, which is another blow. The 7950X3D was terrible at gaming and at doing productive workloads. The 7950X3D sent a message, AMD was slowing going back to there Bulldozer days of not giving a fuck.

The thing that Intel doesn't have is PCIe bifurcation. AM5 can gladly still do it and on top of it, have 24 PCIe lanes instead of Intel's 13th gen 20 PCIe lanes. Intel's 12th/13th gen CPUs has 500 more CPU pins then 10th/11th gen and yet they removed a feature, how the fuck do you even do that?
The bus interface used is only an issue if you are maxing it out... Nothing I currently do on my setup, gets anywhere near maxing out PCI 4...

So really not a big deal.

Most current graphics / gaming setups and software don't max out PCI 4.0 - there is no "killer app" right now that will push this to where it matters....

If PCI 5 gets fast enough, we might start to see tiered RAM, with bus connected RAM cards (hello... the late 70's and early 80's are calling!) - or alternative storage systems that leverage the throughput... but right now, I am not seeing it!

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I'm currently buying bits to build a new PC (replacing my Ryzen 7 1700X/GTX 1060 6GB build from 2018 which is going to my son). Here's the parts list with UK prices...

PartOptionCostShopOrderedReceivedNotes
CPUAMD Ryzen 9 7900£ 400.00ScanYesYesAs fast as 7900X with PBO enabled
CPU CoolerThermalright Peerless Assassin 120£ 39.00AmazonYesYesShould fit, will lower noise and help with PBO
MotherboardGIGABYTE B650M Gaming X AX£ 150.00NovatechYesNo
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5-6000 EXPO£ 113.00AmazonYesYes6000Mhz is sweat spot, EXPO Support
Video CardAsus AMD Radeon DUAL RX6650 XT OC 8GB£ 254.00OcUKNo-inc. £25 rebate. Will work in old PC if I upgrade
StorageKingston KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB£ 118.00BallicomYesYesCan add cheaper 2nd drive for capacity
CaseFractal Design Pop Mini Silent£ 65.00TNDYesYesinc. £10 coupon
Power SupplyBe Quiet! 750W Pure Power 12 M£ 108.00TNDYesNoNeed 600W+ for GPU upgrade, want ATX 3.0 and 80+ Gold or better
USB-C UpgradeFractal Design Model-D USB Type-C Cable£ 15.00NovatechYesNoinc. £5 delivery
Total£ 1,262.00

The only part I haven't ordered yet is the graphics card. I don't game very much these days, but I would like to be able to play occasionally at 1440p. I have an RX 6650 XT in the list above, but i'm veering towards an RX 6700/6750 XT when one comes along at a decent price. I am tracking £ per FPS for both 1080p and 1440p using a spreadsheet...

View attachment 280989

The FPS numbers are from Tomshardware GPU Hierarchy: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

I should add that there's a possibility that I'd upgrade the GPU at a later date and pass it on to my son, so it needs to work in my current PC, which is why I have excluded the Intel Arc GPUs (my old PC doesn't support resizable bar)
I hope you catch (now when you already ordered) rev 1.1 of that motherboard so that you have Intel WiFi (and BT 5.3 but that's less important) instead of MTK one.
Consider buying 5x Silent Wings 120 mm fan's so that you can replace all internal one's with them in order to have only one fan pitch instead 3 of them and sync them of course. They aren't record braking in anything but are rather quiet one's and this is as you already have one of those on PSU and rare opportunity to do it all with same fan's.
Regarding GPU consider RTX 4070 (close to 600 £) for comfortable 2K for today and year or two to come games.
Best regards.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope you catch (now when you already ordered) rev 1.1 of that motherboard so that you have Intel WiFi (and BT 5.3 but that's less important) instead of MTK one.
Consider buying 5x Silent Wings 120 mm fan's so that you can replace all internal one's with them in order to have only one fan pitch instead 3 of them and sync them of course. They aren't record braking in anything but are rather quiet one's and this is as you already have one of those on PSU and rare opportunity to do it all with same fan's.
Regarding GPU consider RTX 4070 (close to 600 £) for comfortable 2K for today and year or two to come games.
Best regards.

Yeah, I noticed the two revisions of the board. I don't plan to use the Wi-fi, but may use the Bluetooth so the rev. 1.1 board with the Intel chip would be preferable, but not a game changer for me. Also, Novatech were over £30 cheaper than the next competitor with stock...

1682242602247.png

My current PC has Noctua fans with a Noctua speed controller and is basically silent under normal desktop loads. The Fractal Design fans in the case and Thermalright ones on the cooler are supposed to be pretty good, so I'll build the new PC and compare before making a decision on fan replacement.

I think the RTX 4070's is overpriced for it's performance, although it's lower power consumption and potentially lower noise does redeem it somewhat. It's available for around £550 in the UK (already well under £600 list price), it might come into consideration for me if it hits £500, but will probably need to be compared to the RX 7800/7700 by the time that happens. Also: https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/...an old saying that,just-launched RTX 4070 GPU.

Incidentally, all this looking at GPUs and current price performance made me thing about the cards i've had in the past...

I had an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in 2004 which I watercooled and OC'd in a very compact case (a Soltek Qbic which was similar to the Shuttle ones).

In 2006 I was given an NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 by Dell, which was nice as it retailed for £2500 at the time :) - The FX4500 was roughly equivalent to the consumer NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX 512 which retailed for £600-ish. The FX4500 was a beast, I had to build a new PC to host it. It would have been my first PCI-e graphics card :)

Last edited:
OP
ThatM1key

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
Most current graphics / gaming setups and software don't max out PCI 4.0 - there is no "killer app" right now that will push this to where it matters....
Thats why I love modern x8/x8 motherboards. If the card performs well at x8 instead of x16, why not use the other x8 for 2 full-speed M.2 drive slots.

OP
ThatM1key

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
Best regards.
The 4070 is a shit card. $600 for 12 gigs of VRAM, fuck that.

For double the money, you get a 4080 with only 16 gigs of vram. $200 less of that 4080, you get a AMD 7900 XTX that offers a juicy 24 gigs of vram. Sure the 7900 XTX has worse Ray tracing performance but that card will last you a lot longer.

If you dont care about 4k gaming, get an old GTX 1070 8GB for $150, and watch the market for any actual good new gpus in the future.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Yeah, I noticed the two revisions of the board. I don't plan to use the Wi-fi, but may use the Bluetooth so the rev. 1.1 board with the Intel chip would be preferable, but not a game changer for me. Also, Novatech were over £30 cheaper than the next competitor with stock...

View attachment 280998

My current PC has Noctua fans with a Noctua speed controller and is basically silent under normal desktop loads. The Fractal Design fans in the case and Thermalright ones on the cooler are supposed to be pretty good, so I'll build the new PC and compare before making a decision on fan replacement.

I think the RTX 4070's is overpriced for it's performance, although it's lower power consumption and potentially lower noise does redeem it somewhat. It's available for around £550 in the UK (already well under £600 list price), it might come into consideration for me if it hits £500, but will probably need to be compared to the RX 7800/7700 by the time that happens. Also: https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/...an old saying that,just-launched RTX 4070 GPU.

Incidentally, all this looking at GPUs and current price performance made me thing about the cards i've had in the past...

I had an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in 2004 which I watercooled and OC'd in a very compact case (a Soltek Qbic which was similar to the Shuttle ones).

In 2006 I was given an NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 by Dell, which was nice as it retailed for £2500 at the time :) - The FX4500 was roughly equivalent to the consumer NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX 512 which retailed for £600-ish. The FX4500 was a beast, I had to build a new PC to host it. It would have been my first PCI-e graphics card :)
Had plethora of 2000 GPU's at that time. Starting nv GeForce3 Ti200, Rv 9200 and 9700 unlocked later, but I doubt those days will repeat nor that any of today's GPU's will reach value on long term those had (especially Radeon 9700/9800).
Had GFX 7800 too. I sometimes miss my old Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS platinum from that time for what it whose and how it worked (for almost a decade for me).

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Had plethora of 2000 GPU's at that time. Starting nv GeForce3 Ti200, Rv 9200 and 9700 unlocked later, but I doubt those days will repeat nor that any of today's GPU's will reach value on long term those had (especially Radeon 9700/9800).
Had GFX 7800 too. I sometimes miss my old Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS platinum from that time for what it whose and how it worked (for almost a decade for me).

I found the receipt for my Q6600 'Kentsfield' quad core CPU from 2008 the other day, it made me smile...

1682252637286.png

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

It's Rev 1.1 and it's quite nice...

IMG_20230425_160700 (Small).jpg

I had some problems building the PC which I won't go into now; but at one point I thought i'd bricked the motherboard with a failed BIOS update. I ended up removing the CPU and RAM and using Q-Flash Plus to reflash the bare board from a BIOS file on a USB stick - this seemed like witchcraft to someone who flashed their first BIOS from floppy disk over 30 years ago :)

Anyway, I got it all working and Windows 11 is installed. I can pull all the cabling out and tidy it up properly tomorrow, then look for a graphics card to go in it.

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
5800X3D is the GOAT CPU for a long time, like the 1080Ti was to video cards. Stuff is just too expensive now and a lot of people don't find the newer games worth it or they have good performance from their old hardware. (Like me) I could always find a used 5700XT and actually be upgrading if my card dies. Kinda curious about the 7700//7600/4060Ti but like I said i don't need to upgrade. Also my monitor crapped on me and I'm back to 1080p. I'd rather get a PS5 if i spent $500~

^^I remember when people were scooping those up for cheap used just to run distributed computing projects on all their PCs :p

OP
ThatM1key

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
5800X3D is the GOAT CPU for a long time, like the 1080Ti was to video cards. Stuff is just too expensive now and a lot of people don't find the newer games worth it or they have good performance from their old hardware. (Like me) I could always find a used 5700XT and actually be upgrading if my card dies. Kinda curious about the 7700//7600/4060Ti but like I said i don't need to upgrade. Also my monitor crapped on me and I'm back to 1080p. I'd rather get a PS5 if i spent $500~

^^I remember when people were scooping those up for cheap used just to run distributed computing projects on all their PCs :p
The 1080 Ti is a good card but the pricing is still iffy on the used market (~$200 USD). The 1080, man you can find one for between ~$110 to ~$150 USD, and sometimes even under $100. 3060 Tis perform about the same as a 1080 ti but they command a $100 over a gtx 1080 ti, so why not just get a 1080 ti if your going used anyways? Old flagship cards (like a 3090) still command high used prices that are high.

The problem with past computer advice was "Build a computer now, not for the future", well in simple terms "Don't future proof". If you buy a brand new card from NVidia, your gonna get fucked in the future because of that low VRAM. NVidia clung on that saying for so many years. Building cards that are perfect for that specific time and if you paid a bit more, you'll get a extra gig or 2. While AMD was building cards with much more VRAM and those cards lasted longer (Also do to drivers too).

I personally bought the 5800X3D for future-proofing. That CPU can handle a RTX 4090 without sweat, if I ever manage to get one that is.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the 1st case i've owned with the extra space behind the motherboard tray to route all the cables. I like it! It facilitates a very clean build...

IMG_20230426_122221 (Small).jpg
IMG_20230426_122147 (Small).jpg
IMG_20230426_123704 (Small).jpg

The cable routing is temporary as I think I'm going replace all the fans with Noctua ones. I also need to install the DVD-RW from my old PC and add power for a graphics card when I get one. I'm still leaning towards an RX 6700 XT which I would under-volt to keep the power draw and noise down. Anyway, i'm very happy with the build so far :)

Top Bottom