• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Vinyl of the Month Club

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Not sure what to make of this:

Vinyl of the Month Club: The Golden Era - Vinyl Subscription​

Price:$24.99/box & FREE Shipping
Delivered every month

Plan Option: Vinyl

• GET AN ESSENTIAL ALBUM, EVERY MONTH - Join the club and receive one must-own record from the Golden Era of Vinyl (1960s-1970s) each month, handpicked by the experts at Amazon Music.
  • BUILD THE ULTIMATE VINYL COLLECTION - Start or grow an enviable collection with some of the greatest albums ever — Iconic classics from artists like Pink Floyd, Aretha Franklin, ABBA, and more. A great gift for anyone who’s just fallen in love with vinyl.
  • SUBSCRIBE WITH CONFIDENCE – You can skip a month or cancel any time.
  • BE AMONG THE FIRST - Subscribe now and help us evolve our service by providing feedback on your experience.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Delivered every month

• GET AN ESSENTIAL ALBUM, EVERY MONTH - Join the club and receive one must-own record from the Golden Era of Vinyl (1960s-1970s) each month, handpicked by the experts at Amazon Music.
  • BUILD THE ULTIMATE VINYL COLLECTION - Start or grow an enviable collection with some of the greatest albums ever — Iconic classics from artists like Pink Floyd, Aretha Franklin, ABBA, and more. A great gift for anyone who’s just fallen in love with vinyl.
  • BE AMONG THE FIRST - Subscribe now and help us evolve our service by providing feedback on your experience.

One can't replace direct personal selection! Why let somebody else choose for you and hope for the best?

MCH

Major Contributor
I could see the point in the pre internet era. Now if you discover a genre that you like and you don't know anything about it, just check one of those "rolling stone best xxxx albums" and start from there. Probably cheaper too, and at your pace.
Some of these lists are very good.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Delivered every month

I'm holding out for 11albums for a penny, then an album a month...isn't that how everyone in the US under the age of 65 started?
1657195504899.png

Newman

Major Contributor
Fantastic money spinner for Amazon and perfectly suited to the needs of the bajillion hipster-wannabees who created the vinyl renaissance!

Newman

Major Contributor

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just get a giggle from the thought of an audiophile who signs up for this and then finds out the Vinyl of the Month for August is a 24-inch length of window trim.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Looks like a good way for Amazon to unload a bunch of stale product without discounting

Maybe, but I doubt it.

It probably takes more effort and cost to set up a program like this than what you'd lose on discounting.

So they must think it has upside.

Last edited:

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Dial

And to listen to all this, use a Yukiseimitsu Audio AP-0 analog record player ! And visit sunship audio, they have 3 turntables !

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One can't replace direct personal selection! Why let somebody else choose for you and hope for the best?
"I want to consume, but don't have time. Please send me whatever."
Many such cases.
Sad.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I am very suspicious this could work out with quotes like:

"Iconic classics from artists like Pink Floyd, Aretha Franklin, ABBA, and more."

They'd have to include an ice pick of the month to tear out my eardrums. :facepalm:

Top Bottom