• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Music HD, Firestick, Denon 4500 - no 24 bit input

CaspianAugust

I'm using a 3rd Gen Firestick into a Denon AVR-X4500H streaming Amazon HD with Ultra HD turned on. This really does sound good, significantly better than Spotify HD, however it will only do 192 kHz 16 bit, not 24 bit. Does anyone have any idea why?

As an aside, I really didn't expect the Ultra HD to make much improvement, but both my wife and I immediately noticed the difference between the Amazon 192/16 and the Spotify HD versions of the same album. We both feel the sound is "crisper" and can tell the instruments apart more clearly. Both streaming services are great, but the Amazon Ultra HD really sounds more like we are listening to live music. Having said that, individual albums are different. For some there doesn't seem to be much difference, for others it's quite pronounced.VidMate

Last edited:

JoeB4ever

I have the same problem with my Denon 2808ci. I plugged the firestick into my yamaha receiver and 24 bit worked no problem. Your receiver is pretty new too. Hopefully there's a firmware update to fix this. My yamaha is really a step down.

Thank you both for this topic. I've been trying to learn how to get Amazon HD into a couple of old Marantz receivers. I had not yet thought of using a firestick. I wish to step-up audio quality from an AudioEngine-B1 bluetooth. I will post again if I have any luck.

jaws72

Thank you both for this topic. I've been trying to learn how to get Amazon HD into a couple of old Marantz receivers. I had not yet thought of using a firestick. I wish to step-up audio quality from an AudioEngine-B1 bluetooth. I will post again if I have any luck.
Any news/result?

Top Bottom