• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Music deleting/ moving lots of content? Any way of identifying or fixing what is changed?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I play my whole Amazon music library on shuffle (on PC app) . I have noticed recently, more so than the last couple of years of use, that lots of tracks are coming up as "cannot find/ cannot play". I am aware Amazon, like all services, sometimes change versions of albums under the hood but I suspect they might have had quite a large change recently. Can anyone confirm, or more importantly say if there is any way of looking through a 10k album library on there to find out of date links and/ or getting the service to repopulate?

Every time I have noticed it and clocked the track in question, there has been a version of the album on the servers so adding back is easy. But I dont know what I have "lost" until I notice a track error on shuffle.

It would be too much to hope Amazon would replace old version with new in users libraries, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Curvature

Major Contributor
Incredibly irresponsible of the company from an archival perspective.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Incredibly irresponsible of the company from an archival perspective.
Luckily I use soundiiz to back up my favs /library (unhelpfully amazon don't grant it decent api access) plus Spotify in reserve so I would never "lose" much. But if they started doing this for whole labels /distributors there would be hell on!

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
If you've paid for the tracks, it seems unreasonable for Amazon to make changes. If you have them as files, move them to somewhere else and use a different music manager.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you've paid for the tracks, it seems unreasonable for Amazon to make changes. If you have them as files, move them to somewhere else and use a different music manager.
Sorry if I mislead. I'm talking about the streaming service. Not tracks I have bought. So I have "added' content they host into my library. I haven't bought the content.

Top Bottom