• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Legitimacy ? (Topping D30)

OP
A

Allswell

No, it's a Digital to Analogue Converter. Running it off a PC is fine, or even off the USB connection on a phone if is has the capability to act as a USB Host and you find the right cable. You can also use the digital output of a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray player as a source. What are you connecting the output of the DAC to? This would usually be either an amplifier and speakers, active speakers (which include an amplifier) or a headphone amplifier and speakers.

Ah I see. I am connecting the output of the DAC to a headphone amplifier (Matrix M-Stage HPA-1).

This might be a silly question but, I was hoping to make the audio of my gaming console sound "better" (a PS4 Slim with no audio outputs other than a 3.5 mm jack in the wireless controller funnily enough).

Hypnotoad

This might be a silly question but, I was hoping to make the audio of my gaming console sound "better" (a PS4 Slim with no audio outputs other than a 3.5 mm jack in the wireless controller funnily enough).

Someone might correct me if I'm wrong but the output at that 3.5mm jack would have already gone through the internal DAC of the PS4 so even if you could connect another DAC it wouldn't improve the sound. I think you would need a USB, Spdif or Toslink out on the PS4?

OP
A

Allswell

P.s, I received a response from the vendor that says the following:
"Please don't worry. We guarantee that all our products are brand new. And it is authentic. Regarding your situation, it is because after we receive the products from the factory, our inspection department will take apart and carry out rigorous testing on the machine. We will ship the product to the customer after all aspects of the machine work normally. So don't worry at all. We are a responsible seller If you have any questions please let us know. We hope it will satisfy you. How are you using it now?"

I haven't responded yet. I'm not quite sure what to think to be honest.

KxDx

"Please don't worry. We guarantee that all our products are brand new. And it is authentic. Regarding your situation, it is because after we receive the products from the factory, our inspection department will take apart and carry out rigorous testing on the machine. We will ship the product to the customer after all aspects of the machine work normally. So don't worry at all. We are a responsible seller If you have any questions please let us know. We hope it will satisfy you. How are you using it now?"

They might be telling the truth, but I feel like I’d have to call bullshit on that. If I’m buying ”new” I expect to be the one who opens the box and plays with it first.

If the seller’s answer doesn’t give you peace of mind (I know I wouldn’t accept it personally) then return it and buy elsewhere. You spend your money to enjoy your toys, not to worry about them.

DKT88

sounds suspicious, the definition of new is unopened. If its opened its called "new open box". If it really the case that they open and test all their products that should be stated in writing up front.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Was there a test report included?

No?

I'd return if it was sold as "New" and the packaging did not meet conditions for "New"

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/200339950

From your description I'd say it qualifies as "Used - Like New or Open Box" condition, therefore, not "New".

---

At least, reread the fine print of the original order, then decide.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Send it back, it is BS and if they are going to spin a yarn to pull wool over your eyes you're better getting out now.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah I see. I am connecting the output of the DAC to a headphone amplifier (Matrix M-Stage HPA-1).

You can use an HDMI Audio Extractor to get the digital audio signal encoded in the HDMI out from the PS4 Slim into a DAC. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Extract...=1575626250&sprefix=hdmi+audio,aps,208&sr=8-5

You could also plug the DAC into your TV if it has a digital audio out (i.e. let the TV do the extraction). You may need to set the TV to output PCM stereo on the digital out (rather than 5.1).

OP
A

Allswell

I've sent it back.

Thank you all for your advise.
(It just didn't sit well with me holding on to it like that)

Top Bottom