• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Fire 7 Review

staticV3

Master Contributor
Amazon sells USB OTG/charging splitters, but I don't think they work for Fire Tablets.
You need a tablet with support for USB Power Delivery charging to do simultaneous charging and USB audio output.
If you have one, then you can use a splitter like this.

Here's some charge speed and compatibility testing I did with that splitter.

ClassicGuy

I use my fire HD8 plus as a remote for my Echo link going into a Schiit Modius and have never used the HP out and have only used the speakers when I am using the screen for video. Still good to know it fails as a DAC and headphone amp though.

I use my Fire HD in a similar capacity. It is used to control Spotify on RPi Volumio, in which case the Fire HD acts as a free LCD screen for song information.

I connect a Bluetooth remote to my Fire HD, which allows me to pause and skip tracks using the remote.

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Tried the latest trial of Universal Audio Player Pro. Simply won't play any audio to the Topping D10 DAC. Won't even start the transport. Maybe a limitation of the trial, maybe something else.

HiBy player just spits out robot noise garbage, so maybe I have that set to make stuff DSD or something. Just trying to play 16/44.1 and 24/96 FLAC content and it doesn't wanna play ball.

That all said the battery was draining rapidly playing 16/44.1 from Foobar2000 to the D10 anyway, so there is a real limit on the amount of decent audio that this little tablet can actually handle.

It seems it's best used as a controller for something like Volumio running on a RaspberryPi

Top Bottom