• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Echo Link optical output with Amazon Music HD

Music1969

Major Contributor
Does anyone have an Echo Link and use Amazon Music HD?

Can you 'cast' from Amazon app (iOS/Android) to the Echo Link?

What does your DAC input sample rate show?

So does that mean you can correctly cast 44.1k and 48kHz music and these sample rates show on your DAC?

Some people have written that everything gets output at 44.1k but The Echo link supports 24/48kHz with it's optical output.

Green7

Does anyone have an Echo Link and use Amazon Music HD?

Can you 'cast' from Amazon app (iOS/Android) to the Echo Link?

What does your DAC input sample rate show?

So does that mean you can correctly cast 44.1k and 48kHz music and these sample rates show on your DAC?

Some people have written that everything gets output at 44.1k but The Echo link supports 24/48kHz with it's optical output.
I hooked up my Echo Link via optical to Topping E30 DAC. No matter what I played (AMHD and Spotify in the attached pictures), it never changed from 48.0 Khz PCM on the the DAC. Looks like the Echo Link is setup to output at a constant rate of 48 Khz, irrespective of what you play on it.

20220703_124116.jpg
20220703_124145.jpg

1. Can the Echo Link be controlled from a Fire Tablet (7", 7th gen) or Chromebook (doubtful)? I don't have a smart phone.

2. What is the audio quality at the Link audio outputs? I don't have I high quality DAC just a Fiio D03K.

Thanks in advance, Trevor.

Top Bottom