• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Basics, Audioquest, Morrow audio RCA cables Compared

D

Deleted member 2944

For those that aren't aware, the Cable portion of the Audio Asylum is a welcoming place for subjective cable discussion.

In fact, they actually reject any sort of scientific or objective evaluation (including blind testing) of cables and their effects.
They designate alternative opinion offerers as "cable naysayers." It's excellent fun. :)

Dave.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
For those that aren't aware, the Cable portion of the Audio Asylum is a welcoming place for subjective cable discussion.

In fact, they actually reject any sort of scientific or objective evaluation (including blind testing) of cables and their effects.
They designate alternative opinion offerers as "cable naysayers." It's excellent fun. :)

Dave.

I've read those threads.

They're big into cryo.

They're even into 'DIY cryo' of people just sticking cables in their (not very cold) home freezers...

cjfrbw

I'm waiting for this thread to hit 20 pages, with members showing up on each other's doorsteps to strangle each other with their favorite cables.

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'm waiting for this thread to hit 20 pages, with member showing upon each other's doorsteps to strangle each other with their favorite cables.

How can I have a favorite cable if all the competently designed ones sound the same?

cjfrbw

How can I have a favorite cable if all the competently designed ones sound the same?
I'm joking, of course, but cable discussions are the internet equivalent of starting a barroom brawl. You walk in, innocently proffer that some cable X is better than cable Y, and the fight is on. Almost never fails.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'm joking, of course, but cable discussions are the internet equivalent of starting a barroom brawl. You walk in, innocently proffer that some cable X is better than cable Y, and the fight is on. Almost never fails.

Well, I won't start a fight about cables.

But connectors, it's game on!

Neutrik, Canare, and WBT for life.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Everyone knows frozen schiit is easier the deal with, the advantages are numerous.

frozen-shit.gif

The Dragon

Forum Donor
Why is it that the most vocal proponents of this dogma are only able to “trust their ears” with the help of their eyes ?

Because, when you are listening to the highest capacitance interconnect cables available made in the back of a small record shop in small town America, they have to look good.

cjfrbw

I guess these convey that 'lit up from within' sound.

invaderzim

Wouldn't the favorite be the most affordable competently designed one? Or I guess it could also be the prettiest one.

My favorite is typically the one that reaches to where it needs to go without too much extra left.

cjfrbw

I like the cables that are soft and don't leave noticeable welts.

Top Bottom