• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazing what you could get out of a Trashcan 80-8

ajawamnet

What we used to call the 80-8 from Teac/Tascam. I did this in 1985 or there abouts. It was during the whole Zappa vs. Tipper/PMRC thing. We were in the studio and got tired of hearing about it. So Kevin came up with a lick, he and the drummer worked out the arrangement and we cut it in less than 20 minutes. I recently came across the 1/2" tape and dumped it to Reaper. Lot's o' shit going on in there...

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've just been browsing your very interesting homepage. I have fond memories of ORCAD which I learned to use in 1993 whilst studying for a Higher National Certificate in Electronic Engineering (Microprocessor Based Systems) in the UK. We used ORCAD to design an interface for an IBM PC AT keyboard to attach to an M68HC11 microcontroller development board. We spent a couple of weeks designing and building the interface using discrete 7400 ICs and then the lecturer showed us how to output the schematic as input to a Stag EEPROM programmer to blow a GAL chip to do job of 7 or 8 discrete ICs - It kinda blew our minds at the time :)

Top Bottom