• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazing Loudspeaker from Carver Corp.

TitaniumTroy

http://www.bobcarvercorp.com/als
Just curious about other peoples thoughts on the Amazing Loudspeaker from Bob Carver Corp. I have run into some people I trust at AXPONA who thought it was fantastic and others who don't hear the magic. I have heard it somewhat briefly at two AXPONA's and the drivers did not sound like they were in unison. Perhaps the Psychoacoustics were not gelling to create a seamless soundstage.

I would have listened longer to try and figure out what was wrong, but I was not at a hifi dealer. I was at an audio show and time is short, so best to just move on to another room.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I would only buy the subwoofer as that one has a freq. range of:
SubRosa Column Frequency Response: 18Hz-120kHz (-3dB) with active variable crossover control to mate with columns.
Lots better than the 75Hz-45kHz (-3dB) of the midrange/tweeter array :cool:

acc. to the website link shown above in any case.
Order it quickly before Bob decides to limit its bandwidth to 120Hz only :(

12B4A

http://www.bobcarvercorp.com/als
Just curious about other peoples thoughts on the Amazing Loudspeaker from Bob Carver Corp. I have run into some people I trust at AXPONA who thought it was fantastic and others who don't hear the magic. I have heard it somewhat briefly at two AXPONA's and the drivers did not sound like they were in unison. Perhaps the Psychoacoustics were not gelling to create a seamless soundstage.

I would have listened longer to try and figure out what was wrong, but I was not at a hifi dealer. I was at an audio show and time is short, so best to just move on to another room.

If he's not doing any kind of Legendre shading then it's just going to be another straight line source with lobing in the emission which might explain your impression.

Top Bottom