• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Am I running a stereo subwoofer system now?

alaios

Hi all,
so this evening I have removed the single RCA cable that was coming out of my preamplifier (a splitter was feeding two REL subs). If I am not wrong this is a mono setup of two subs as they get the identical signal.

Then I have removed the RCA cable and used those big blue plugs coming from REL and I connected them as discussed in this video:
after 0:40 min.

1. So am I running now a stereo sub system now?? :D That means that left and right subs play slightly different signals (even if it does not matter as they are omnidirectional pretty much)

2. What stereo subs give? I have read at sometime something about "less phase problems".

3. Do I need to adjust volume of subs or the output should be the same compare to the RCA cable I had before?

Thanks
Alex

OP
A

alaios

btw the system seems to be more musical after connecting them like that :D and I am sure this might cause a flame of some sort.

Top Bottom