• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I only really bought the SHD for DIRAC which I don't use as I prefer the inbuilt SAM software of the 8341's and to handle my subs. Seen as though I'm not using DIRAC, it's a whole lot of machine for what I'm using it for!

Any thoughts?
Wouldn't matching the 8341 to a Genelec SAM subwoofer like the 7370a solve your subwoofer integration thanks to GLM room correction? It's probably the best subwoofer integration you can get with the 8341.

Digital Source >AES/EBU>7370a>8341

I believe GLM subwoofer integration will offer more benefits than any higher SINAD from replacing your DAC.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 154038.png

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Won't work. The USB on a raspi is output only for audio (strictly master only). You can't use it as a USB slave device. The Pi2AES simply provides a number of different audio output interfaces for a standard raspberry pi setup. You can use it as a streamer, but not much else.

I guess you could set it up with a streaming service such as airplay (or whatever the windows equivalent is) and send from the NUC via that. But why would you - you can use the raspi as a roon endpoint in any case so one of the NUC or Raspi is always going to be redundant.

But in the end you are trying to find a problem for it to solve that doesn't exist in your system. And creating more problems for yourself in the process.
Hi Tony.

I didn't realise that the USB wasn't an input! :facepalm:
I would be using it as ROON endpoint whilst keeping the NUC as the "Core" but I do see your point.
I'm chasing rainbows here I think.

Thanks for your input bud.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
Wouldn't matching the 8341 to a Genelec SAM subwoofer like the 7370a solve your subwoofer integration thanks to GLM room correction? It's probably the best subwoofer integration you can get with the 8341.

Digital Source >AES/EBU>7370a>8341

I believe GLM subwoofer integration will offer more benefits than any higher SINAD from replacing your DAC.

View attachment 189155
Hi Spocko

Yeah, that is certainly a solution for sure BUT....I would never get this signed off by the wife!! o_O
We have a really nice pair of subs in a lovely walnut finish and even the suggestion of getting rid of those in favour of one or two of these bad boys would end in divorce I think,

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Subwoofer integration - Is there a device out there that will allow me integrate my subs the way the SHD does?
Yes, the Trinnov ST2-HiFi is a 4-channel preamp and will do just that with fully active & programmable cross-overs per channel plus subwoofer management, etc.

Screenshot 2022-03-01 120247.png

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Forum Donor
Yeah....I think this idea has hit a dead-end....thanks guys.

jan.didden

Good morning Ray.

Ah, so you're familiar with the power of minidsp...that's good to know! The 2x4HD is a impressive little box that is massively underated.

This guy: https://goldensound.audio/

I've been watching his subjective and objective reviews for a while now. He seems genuine with no bad motives other than to give an honest and detailed review of a product be it good or bad.
He includes all measurements on his website using the same methods as Amir.

Both the SMSL and the Gustard are on there.....

See what you think. :cool:
I've been looking at this guys'website but couln't find a review/measurement of the 2x4HD. Can you give me a link?

thanks,

Jan

Top Bottom