• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AM/FM Build Project

londere

Hello everyone:

My name is Agustin and I’m from Mexico, I want to build an AM/FM receiver almost from scratch but I’m kind lost. I want to make a desktop receiver the main idea is to build the following stages.

AM—-\
——-Microprocessor (dsPIC,PIC32,STM32F1)——- DAC (AK4490) ——-Output
FM —-/

I seek AM/FM IC as CD9088 or RDA5807 or SI4844 those are I2C capable for tune; then the idea of use a microprocessor is to do some Processing as Wavelet/FFT/IIR/FIR digital filtering therefore send those outputs via DAC to an output in this case some recommendations here.

The BOM will be published after finishing the project. The budget for this will be 750USD.For prototyping I had some microprocessors and DACs.
You can drop here your suggestions, which will be appreciated.

Stay safe.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I looked up a couple of the ICs you are looking at but don't see any digital audio output on them. I2C is used for control, not to provide digital data.

You may want to look at SFDR (software defined radio) as a platform that digitizes the RF input and demodulates it in software. The output will then be digital data.

OP
L

londere

@amirm The IC are analog as I understand and yes the I2C is for controlling those IC, there is where I’m lost, the idea is from those IC send the analog output of them to an ADC (ej. ADC0808) then the microcontroller collect the data and do processing and then send it to the DAC (ej. DAC0808). So the question here Is the SFDR is a better approach than this idea? Do you have any resources to look up? I’m advance thanks

Top Bottom