• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alternatives to Elac DBR62

dualimas

Hey everyone, looking for some advice: i'm looking for a new pair of speakers for my desktop and was hoping you guys could recommend some speakers. However I am looking for alternatives to the dbr62 (have a ht, so i have 4 pairs of them and i love them, but i want something different looking), of course something rather neutral and if possible also a bit cheaper, one of my thoughts was the triangle br03. For reference, i live in europe, so sadly i dont have access to all speakers.

I thank you very much for any help

bicho_solto

Are you ok with actives? I think you'd be better off with a Genelec speaker on a desktop situation

OP
D

dualimas

i am but i prefer a passive, since i still have an unused amp, also i think the genelecs are a bit over my budget sadly. the closest i could get would be the 8010 but even they are even pricier than the elacs

bicho_solto

i am but i prefer a passive, since i still have an unused amp, also i think the genelecs are a bit over my budget sadly. the closest i could get would be the 8010 but even they are even pricier than the elacs
Hmm is the JBL Stage A130 available in your area? It measures really well(especially if eq is available) and it is pretty cheap

D

Deleted member 23424

Mission M20.1 Pearl Edition

A Robin Marshall designed tweak on an already hugely successful model. The successor to the Pageant S2 (a speaker I still love to this day, despite it looking like a 1974 kitchen cabinet).

Can pick them up quite readily for sub £50 in the UK. My, admittedly very subjective, memory of them suggests a probably fairly good objective speaker, though I've no actual proof of that. I would love to see them measured (moreso the Pageants).

Anyway, hard to beat on a bang for buck basis. But very easy to beat on an aesthetic one

OP
D

dualimas

Mission M20.1 Pearl Edition

A Robin Marshall designed tweak on an already hugely successful model. The successor to the Pageant S2 (a speaker I still love to this day, despite it looking like a 1974 kitchen cabinet).

Can pick them up quite readily for sub £50 in the UK. My, admittedly very subjective, memory of them suggests a probably fairly good objective speaker, though I've no actual proof of that. I would love to see them measured (moreso the Pageants).

Anyway, hard to beat on a bang for buck basis. But very easy to beat on an aesthetic one
i also have looked at mission, any clue on the current lx-mk series? cant find any measurements anywhere

D

Deleted member 23424

i also have looked at mission, any clue on the current lx-mk series? cant find any measurements anywhere
Sorry, I've no experience with the brand after the Pageant & M20i. I believe they were bought by Richer Sounds(?) around that time, the UK box shifting chain, and became prone to a turkey or two so left my radar a long time back.

I nabbed myself a pair of Pageant for £30 two years ago and enjoyed them very much, although cosmetically very different the M20i used the same drivers (woofers at least) and delivered similar performance.

I think Mission is now under the watchful eye of Peter Comeau, currently head of Quad/Wharfedale etc (AIG?) so they may well be producing a good performance to price ratio again

Top Bottom