• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PaulD

It basically comes down to budget and requirements. I have recently used the Zoom F8 and F4 recorders which are my current pick. I have used SoundDevices machines which are excellent, but I heard that the Zoom recorders were used on location for the latest Marvel film. The H1n is a bit dated now, but it may be fine for your purpose!

Here is a site with some measurements that may help:
http://www.avisoft.com/recorder-tests/

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I'd go for the H4n Zoom instead of the H1N. But either probably will do what you want.
Competitors in the price range are from Tascam and Sony, but Zoom seems to make more people happy.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Vince2

My experience with the zoom h4n has been unfavorable when you rely on battery. It is easy to drain the batteries within a few hours and especially if you have not used them for a while, the full battery sign is not reliable. Ended up using a tascam and got much longer battery life.

Top Bottom