• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alternative SINAD Chart for AVRs and Processors Showing Best Performance Voltage

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
If you don't mind adding a voltage filter then please do. I assume to keep it simpler, the choices would be something like "standard 2/4V" (understood to be unbalanced/balanced), and "reduced V" without specifying the actual voltage, otherwise it could be 1.2, 1, 1.4 V just too much to be useful. So I filter for reduced voltage and see a much better number, I would just read the review to see it is 1 V or 1.4 V.

Thanks again for even considering..
Voltage categories aren't a bad idea either. Maybe after the next update me and @RickSanchez finish (which will be big) this will be easier to address.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Audio_Equipment_Reviews/

The suggestion to add voltage has been added to the charts (see Rankings tab):

1605287685972.png

But the addition is simpler than what was requested. The reference output voltage for SINAD is shown for DAC, preamp and headphone amp measurements, where the data is available (i.e., the table contains the same values Amir shows in his reviews).

This is already pushing the performance limits of Tableau, so unfortunately we can't add a voltage sorting filter. Edit: to be clear, you can sort by voltage as a single value, but you can't use voltage to narrow the selection of SINAD values.

@RickSanchez

Last edited:
Top Bottom