• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alternative pads to attenuate the midbass hump of srh1540?

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hey guys, I'm an owner of the Shure SRH1540 and enjoy it but was wondering what kind of pads can attenuate the bass to match DF target in comparison to the Stock Alcantara ones?

So far, I've seen DIYaudioheaven try 940 and 1840 pads on it and it seem to change bass a little (in the case of 940) and a lot (in the case of 1840) https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/shure/srh-1540/

Dekoni also provided their own measurements and none of them attenuate the bass.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They're oval, but I've fit the DT770 silver pads which will take the bass down some, but not as much as the dt990/880 ones which are a different part number. The black MMX300 pads should do it also, but they aren't as soft as the DT770 silver ones. The micro velour on the T90 is ideal, but the last pair I got was $62 from Consolidated Sound.

Top Bottom