• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alpine PDX-V9 Review (car amplifier)

michaelahess

Ouch!
That is the act of one resolute and dedicated audio nerd.
You are willing to take a >10% weight penalty (~10% performance reduction[?]) on your BRZ!
Truly admirable and a die-hard audio decision over performance hit!;)
Don't track it so, why not!

michaelahess

Jesus Christ dude....you added 200lbs of material (not including speakers, sub, wires) to your sports car for better car audio? I think you're doing sports car all wrong...

I drive a 370Z and I spent $1200 on two-piece brake rotors that save 10lbs per wheel. Reading your post gave me a twitch.
Also had an unmodified 2013 Mustang GT CS, had the power desire down. The way I looked at it, nobody ever road in the BRZ with me "it's too small" so it was the same as having a passenger, but being "all mine."

michaelahess

Keep his name off this discussion. ;)
"HE" was probably too busy to enjoy audio like us.
I think even HE would choose performance audio over a bit lost performance from a BRZ.
I hope you are using no more than 17" wheels on your Z.
Probably also best not to bring religion into a forum about science. Such irony!

CoryGillmore

Keep his name off this discussion. ;)
"HE" was probably too busy to enjoy audio like us.
I think even HE would choose performance audio over a bit lost performance from a BRZ.
I hope you are using no more than 17" wheels on your Z.
Nah it's got the 19-inch factory forged Rays though, so very light as far as 19-inch wheels go.

typericey

Thanks for the review Amir. Made me miss my younger car audio days. Though at the same time I blame it for whatever tinnitus I have now. :facepalm:

Back then I also preferred Alpine head units and had one of these PDX amps. Measurements of this amp is more than enough for car audio where the road noise levels are much higher anyway.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Back then I also preferred Alpine head units and had one of these PDX amps.

I just loved those Alpine head units. That gorgeous crystal blue/green button array and silent controls. Ah, the good old days.

Head_Unit

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
View attachment 171569
Respect to alpine for not making the usual garbage in the car audio world
That car is just inside the entrance to their headquarters...not far from a head unit which a disgruntled customer shot a bullet into. That sits there as a reminder about providing quality to the customer. I don't recall Pioneer headquarters having anything quite as interesting ha ha.

Head_Unit

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Aw darn, you did test the sub channel? I'd have liked to see if it met rated power...
Really @Amir would need a 2 ohm load for that...though come to think of it he could parallel his 4 ohm I'd think.

Top Bottom