• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

allow editing own posts?

Morla

Forum Donor
Hi,

anyone else missing the edit button for own posts? I think it was there in the past.

P.S. oh this post has it. Is there a time limit? I wanted to update a post with an outdated yt link.

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

anyone else missing the edit button for own posts? I think it was there in the past.

P.S. oh this post has it. Is there a time limit? I wanted to update a post with an outdated yt link.
Yes, there is a time limit of a day or two for each post. After which you cannot edit it anymore. In the same thread, just reply to your previous post to provide the new YT link.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
We used to have unlimited edit time. Unfortunately a few grumpy members would go and delete all of their past posts before quitting/getting banned. This makes it hard for people to read the forum in the future. So I put a limit on it. Not everyone notices it however as members who have donated to the forum and our technical experts still have unlimited edit option. This is not to do them a favor but the realization that they are not going to go and delete all their posts.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not everyone notices it however as members who have donated to the forum and our technical experts
Sort of off topic, but is there anywhere where it states the thresholds for the auto change in user descriptions (New Member, Member, Active Member, Addicted to Learning, Senior Member, Major Contributor, etc.), I think I noticed a change when the comments/likes hit like 100/500/etc.

Last edited:
OP
Morla

Morla

Forum Donor
Speaking of donation. This reminded me that I wanted to donate. And the process doing so with paypal was really easy.

It's a great forum. Even though it also lured me into buying stuff it did so on a reasonable basis. I have yet to learn much about what the numbers mean in the measurements but even for that there are posts to learn from.

Top Bottom