• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Allo Piano 2.1 DAC and DSP

Daverz

Major Contributor
Has anyone successfully used this as a crossover for speakers and subwoofer? Allo answers any direct questions on forums about the supported filters by a saying "We don't do filters." On their website, they link to a TI development tool obviously meant for OEMs. So I'm a bit flummoxed by this product.

Currently, I'm experimenting with a Behringer 2496 ultracurve pro to highpass my speakers and lowpass my subwoofer with Linkwitz-Riley 48dB/octave filters. But it's an audibly noisy device, and not transparent sounding.

OP
D

Daverz

Major Contributor
I think that answers my question ;)

Apparently not a device much used by ASR users. I'm still on the lookout for the best way to integrate a "dumb" subwoofer, preferably with steep filters.

win

I use a venu360 for a similar setup, works great and is available heavily discounted T

SteveJewels

I have used a DBX Driverack in a 2 way configuration. It would do what you want it to do.

I replaced it with a DBX Venu360 which I will use to biamp my Tympani IVa\B&G RD75 hybrid.

As soon as I get the Veno360 back from Amir. :)

win

Swza

I think that answers my question ;)

Apparently not a device much used by ASR users. I'm still on the lookout for the best way to integrate a "dumb" subwoofer, preferably with steep filters.
Did you ever end up buying one? I’m using one but dsp is done I’m Camilladsp in Moode. I could never get a license for that program allo tells you to use. If you use it with Moode or volumio be sure to put the bit depth to 32 or 16 or you get blasted with white noise.

OP
D

Daverz

Major Contributor
Did you ever end up buying one? I’m using one but dsp is done I’m Camilladsp in Moode. I could never get a license for that program allo tells you to use. If you use it with Moode or volumio be sure to put the bit depth to 32 or 16 or you get blasted with white noise.

No, I ended up with a Motu M4, which I use as a 4 channel DAC with an RPi4 running Ubuntu and CamillaDSP to do the crossover and room correction.

Top Bottom