• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

All in one or mini hi-fi stereo receiver - are there any out there?

Nonick

Hi all! I've been looking for all in one music system (or mini hi-fi) with CD player, USB, FM/DAB. Managed to find (and test) various Denon, Teac, Marantz, Yamaha models, but almost all of them have minor flaws - lack of power, cant play FLAC via USB input, dont have two digital inputs, phono etc. I've considered Denon RCD N11, Yamaha N670D, Teac PD-301DAB-X. The question is: are there any decent mini hifi left on the market?
Or could you recommend separate components (amp, receiver/streamer, fm/dab, cd) with small footprint?

The only solution i could find so far is Denon DRA-800H with added CD-player. But thats not a small footprint :)

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
so you want a machine that can do everything but still has a small footprint?

Anyway I recommend the Denon PMA600-NE with its CD player.

if you can do without a phono pre-amp then the Loxje A30 when it's in stock in April.

OP
N

Nonick

Thank you for the recommendation! Denon PMA600-NE seems fine, though its not the smallest footprint (434 x 308 x 121 mm).Denon DRA-800H is almost the same, just with more height. Would require added fm/dab, wifi, cd and usb-a input. Still, a worthy consideration!

OP
N

Nonick

Was considering Denon M41 and Ceol N11, but power output is insufficient (later ill be connecting Linton Heritage or Revel F36). As far as i've searched the market, only two combo packs fullfil this category:
1. Denon DRA-800H (AKM DAC, wifi, bluetooth, usb, phono, fm/dab, hdmi)+ CD/BluRay player *there aren't any reviews with measurements of Denon DRA-800H and it's footprint is rather large.
2. Yamaha R-N602 (BurrBrown DAC, wifi, bluetooth, usb, phono, fm/dab) + CD/BluRay player *also there aren't any reviews with measurements. Large footprint.

Was thinking of changing path to active speakers and DAC. That would be the third kit. Something like:
3. Gustard X16 DAC + some wifi streamer + fm/dab radio (Teac PD-301DAB-X) + CD player
connected to Yamaha HS8 active speakers. This would cover the footprint requirement, but still doesnt resolve the issue of wifi receiver, usb-A input and cd player.

SMc

Hi all! I've been looking for all in one music system (or mini hi-fi) with CD player, USB, FM/DAB. Managed to find (and test) various Denon, Teac, Marantz, Yamaha models, but almost all of them have minor flaws - lack of power, cant play FLAC via USB input, dont have two digital inputs, phono etc.
Marantz Melody X (M-CR612), but no phono preamp and 30 watts.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Hi all! I've been looking for all in one music system (or mini hi-fi) with CD player, USB, FM/DAB. Managed to find (and test) various Denon, Teac, Marantz, Yamaha models, but almost all of them have minor flaws - lack of power, cant play FLAC via USB input, dont have two digital inputs, phono etc. I've considered Denon RCD N11, Yamaha N670D, Teac PD-301DAB-X. The question is: are there any decent mini hifi left on the market?
Or could you recommend separate components (amp, receiver/streamer, fm/dab, cd) with small footprint?

The only solution i could find so far is Denon DRA-800H with added CD-player. But thats not a small footprint :)
Not exactly what you're looking for (probably not even close enough for Government work!) , but I am still going to put in a plug for this -- mostly because I have the pleasure of knowing (and liking) one of the members of the design team that produced it. :)

https://www.andoveraudio.com/products/model-one-turntable-music-system

Top Bottom