• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

All About UFO's

I am all for science. But is anyone even offering a scientific hypothesis to explain these "phenomena"? You know, something falsifiable, like all science does?

If not, what's left. I, for one, find it impossible to believe that any aircraft can dive from thousands of feet into the Atlantic Ocean and leave as little of a splash as Greg Louganis which is what's being reported in these "sightings." How could that thermal and kinetic energy be dissipated? Anybody have a scientific hypothesis how that could even be conceivable? If not, what's really left?
Believe or not, it happened, unless a handful of the best fighter pilots in the world, corroborated by the best radar systems that exist via multiple ships and the planes, etc are all lying and or mistaken. It's happened before also. Hence the Q, what is it? There's various scientific hypothesis as to how, all conjecture at this time, depending on who you believe. Hence, it's insanity at this point to not get serious about researching anything that that capability vs denial and stigma. It's downright irresponsible not to. Water wise, retired rear admiral and oceanographer said they were known to him:
Again, as many have stated here before, with all the Apple high definition cameras and Go Pro 4K video cams that people can wear on a headband, why are there not some high definition videos of the little green men? Some shot of their craft with number of their flight, or spacecraft model, or flag, or other identifying emblem? Where is all that stuff? Ultimately no one and nothing can hide from getting their image captured in todays world, the cameras are just that ubiquitous.
There's quite a bit of footage, and growing, and they have demonstrated many times they are seen via radar, eyeballs and cameras when they want to be, or not... Of late, they seem to be showing up more, and or allowing themselves to be tracked more often. Did watch any vids I posted? Probably not as you have your mind made up, yet I'd bet $ done very little actual digging to see what level of evidence exists.
So yeah, as the philosopher Augustine of Hippo once said, "nemo credit, nisi volens"--no one believes unless willing. That appears to be the level on which we need to understand these "phenomena." Probably what needs to be researched more than anything is the tendency of human beings to find patterns in otherwise random visual data, precisely because they, at some deep seated psychological level, have unwittingly so programmed their perceptual apparatus to do so. And they've done it because "they want to believe." Bet on it.
No humans avoid bias. That's what evidence is for, not sticking our head in the sand, stigma, or BS. Data talks, BS walks. Anyone who actually takes the time and effort to really look, will come to some inescapable, if not unconformable, conclusions as to this topic: there's something in our airspace and oceans that demonstrates capabilities we don't posses. The only real Q that remains now is what they are.

Year 2100…UFO experts agree…the evidence is overwhelming that UFO’s are beyond our technology…proof..pilots have seen them etc etc…same old same old…nothing new under the sun…rinse and repeat.

Response…you are a dumb skeptic if you don’t look at the evidence..same old same old.

Year 2100…UFO experts agree…the evidence is overwhelming that UFO’s are beyond our technology…proof..pilots have seen them etc etc…same old same old…nothing new under the sun…rinse and repeat.

Response…you are a dumb skeptic if you don’t look at the evidence..same old same old.
Isn't the phrase "UFO expert" an oxymoron?

I sure hope not considering recent increase in interest and all that, but it's possible. Only time will tell that one.
Anyone who does not look seriously at the evidence, or lack there of, for any topic they make declarative claims/statements about, is a dumb skeptic. That seems self evident to me. It is also unfortunately common in our society these days where make statement/claim first, research later, is the norm.

It's fine by me if someone does not have the time or interest to understand/research something, like any topic, but don't offer a strong opinion on the topic. No different then debating politics, guns, or other hot button topics.

@WillBrink I know you’re not listening but the only reason I recognise where you’re at is because it was me 2 years ago. Dig deeper and it’s there to see. This is my last post on the matter but if you or anyone else is truly interested in getting a balanced view, take a look at:

- Steven Greenstreet’s Basement Files YouTube videos (an investigative journalist who was a believer initially).

- Search Metabunk for specifics you’re interested in and see what’s really there.

Anyone is free to believe what they choose but you are only consuming half the information at the moment.

And as I originally stated…..I want to believe.

This one is way off the reservation of established accepted science, but very interesting. Eric Weinstein is the obvious skeptic who also knows the science, so can't be easily BSed there. "Hal Puthoff is former CIA, NSA and AATIP (the government’s official UFO investigation program). In the 70’s, he oversaw Stargate: the government’s psychic spy program at Stanford Research Institute. In this conversation, we discuss the physics of UFO’s, private aerospace as the keepers of fundamental science and Hal’s experience with parapsychology." I make no claims as to validity of Hal's claims, I find the way out there topics interesting and challenging is legit scientists are involved:

@WillBrink I know you’re not listening but the only reason I recognise where you’re at is because it was me 2 years ago. Dig deeper and it’s there to see. This is my last post on the matter but if you or anyone else is truly interested in getting a balanced view, take a look at:

- Steven Greenstreet’s Basement Files YouTube videos (an investigative journalist who was a believer initially).

- Search Metabunk for specifics you’re interested in and see what’s really there.

Anyone is free to believe what they choose but you are only consuming half the information at the moment.

And as I originally stated…..I want to believe.

2 years ago? I have been following this topic 40+ years. Will do my best to check those out, but to date, I find the debunkers get their basic facts wrong within a short time, and Iose interest quickly. They usually resort to insults, pomposity, and ignorance of the topic.

“Americans can’t handle the truth”, which would explain the Fermi paradox

I want to see peer reviewed studies published in respected science journals such as Nature supporting these claims about aliens, time travelers etc. lurking here on earth. Appealing to fringe science, anecdotal “proof”, secret govt programs just doesn’t do it for me…sorry. YMMV.

It was all explained by Klaatu back in 1951.

The "UFO" sightings are just Gort and his buddies making their rounds.

I think with the size and quantity of solar systems and such that it's obvious that aliens will exist. Whether they are friendly or not remainds to be be seem Stephen Hawking warned against them though and that causes me concern.
I am sure they exist... in a galaxy far far away and such. I also think the problem with intelligent life is that it grows to deal with its own damn problems, so I'd be surprised if they cross lightyear distances to chance confrontation.

While I do absolutely believe there is a lot of life in many forms in the unimaginably vast expanse of the universe, by the same token the chances of encountering it probably rival Powerball lottery probabilities, and chances of hostile intentions rank even lower.

I find it kind of funny we continue to obsess about alien invasions while we're busy enough destroying our own planet.

Watch the movie Close encounters of the Fifth Kind. Aliens aren't visiting Earth. They came here many many years ago and NEVER left our oceans.
The movie has a twist that is very interesting to say the VERY VERY least.

I believe in 1/2 of what I see and nothing coming out of the mouths of 90% of all people. I'm NOT a skeptic, I and a realist by design. I'm a retired
master mechanic and I've heard every story in the world why something quit working except the truth.

We don't have UFOs coming from outer space they are coming from EARTH because they never left once they got here.

I personally experienced Foo Fighters in Antioch CA along with 2500+ reports in the SAME area on July 6 1976. It was and still is, in the archives of the
old Antioch Ledger. 5 of us stood in complete amazement one night at what we witnessed. I married one of the people in the group and am still married to
her. We both still shake our heads when the subject comes up from time to time. We have met at least 10 people that saw the same event in 1976.
One of them was our next door neighbor we had for over 25 years. One night we were talking and Jay spoke right up and recalled the exact same
Foo Fighter event, except he was in the neighboring town of Pittsburg about 4 miles from where we saw it happen. It was in the Mount Diablo air
space very close to the Lawrence Livermore Collage and the missile research center 5 miles (close) from the collage.

They exist all right and it would take some serious convincing to think WE are the only ones in just this Galaxy. It boggles my mind the number of
Class M planets that exist. The age old problem of how do they get here is always the problem. How many total extinctions have taken place on
EARTH alone only to be reborn from what? Certainly not from a lightning strike in a puddle of mud.

We are the result of something and it was not a natural occurrence in any way shape or form. Something changed our biped ancestors. They live
in our oceans and have since before the DAWN of modern man.

What is the greatest physical source of power in our world? WATER. Why would anyone go to a planet that didn't have WATER in one form or another
and you have THE reason to visit earth to begin with. H 2 O. I suppose some would argue beer , but that is a different topic after the fact. LOL

My opinion and 5 dollars will get you a cup of coffee. That's for sure.

Regards

I want to see peer reviewed studies published in respected science journals such as Nature supporting these claims about aliens, time travelers etc. lurking here on earth. Appealing to fringe science, anecdotal “proof”, secret govt programs just doesn’t do it for me…sorry. YMMV.

There's more than you realize, but that's exactly what everyone involved wants to see unless they're a scammer or in it for $. Hence, we need it to be taken seriously by the scientific community (finally happening due to the overwhelming evidence...) and for the government to stop the active overt suppression "for our own good." Finally, we need disclosure of what is already known, which appears to be considerable and will likley totally alter our society. You want, what anyone should want who is paying attention. Decades of tracking this, I'm damn tired of it, but that appears to be finally changing in spite of the governments best efforts. If you legit want to see research done and studies published as claimed, support those doing the work without stigma, let your representatives know you no longer accept the suppression and denial, and hope it has some impact. It's no longer "fringe science" when various mainstream high level scientists take it seriously due to the evidence they have looked at.

Watch the movie Close encounters of the Fifth Kind. Aliens aren't visiting Earth. They came here many many years ago and NEVER left our oceans.
The movie has a twist that is very interesting to say the VERY VERY least.

I believe in 1/2 of what I see and nothing coming out of the mouths of 90% of all people. I'm NOT a skeptic, I and a realist by design. I'm a retired
master mechanic and I've heard every story in the world why something quit working except the truth.

We don't have UFOs coming from outer space they are coming from EARTH because they never left once they got here.

I personally experienced Foo Fighters in Antioch CA along with 2500+ reports in the SAME area on July 6 1976. It was and still is, in the archives of the
old Antioch Ledger. 5 of us stood in complete amazement one night at what we witnessed. I married one of the people in the group and am still married to
her. We both still shake our heads when the subject comes up from time to time. We have met at least 10 people that saw the same event in 1976.
One of them was our next door neighbor we had for over 25 years. One night we were talking and Jay spoke right up and recalled the exact same
Foo Fighter event, except he was in the neighboring town of Pittsburg about 4 miles from where we saw it happen. It was in the Mount Diablo air
space very close to the Lawrence Livermore Collage and the missile research center 5 miles (close) from the collage.

They exist all right and it would take some serious convincing to think WE are the only ones in just this Galaxy. It boggles my mind the number of
Class M planets that exist. The age old problem of how do they get here is always the problem. How many total extinctions have taken place on
EARTH alone only to be reborn from what? Certainly not from a lightning strike in a puddle of mud.

We are the result of something and it was not a natural occurrence in any way shape or form. Something changed our biped ancestors. They live
in our oceans and have since before the DAWN of modern man.

What is the greatest physical source of power in our world? WATER. Why would anyone go to a planet that didn't have WATER in one form or another
and you have THE reason to visit earth to begin with. H 2 O. I suppose some would argue beer , but that is a different topic after the fact. LOL

My opinion and 5 dollars will get you a cup of coffee. That's for sure.

Regards

What do you base that on? I have seen no evidence of that myself, it's one of various theories. It would make sense to hide in our oceans considering we know more about the surface of Mars than what's under our oceans, but that's unrelated to when/how they got there.

UFO believing conspiracy theorists on Audio Science Review. Unbelievable.

When some of the top scientists in the field no longer view it a conspiracy, you either need to stop applying the term to anything that challenges your current perceptions, or you're of a limited mind suffering cognitive dissonance mostly due to fear of the unknown. That anyone with two working neurons is still in denial phase is "Unbelievable" to me. There is to be sure, a lot of silly BS attached to this phenomena, but slowly but surely the signal to noise is improving due to various within the scientific community not doing what you et al did and dismiss it outright, mostly due to the overwhelming evidence. For example, Harvard astrophysicist Avi Loeb. If you are not aware of him, then you should probably stop commenting, and take some time to see what he's up to. Shocking as it sounds, I suspect he has a better handle on the topic than you do.

Now, as far as science is concerned, if interested in learning vs rehashing ignorance of the topic, the symposium at Stanford School of Medicine in November 2023 at Stanford University, "...convened an unparalleled meeting of leading voices from academia, government and industry to collectively drive forward a new academic legitimacy to UAP." has a collection of speakers who are highly qualified people in their field. There's all the speakers, Dr Leob included BTW, and topics the covered which are wide ranging:

https://www.youtube.com/@_SolFoundation

Me personally, I enjoy the discussions on the possible physics. For example, Kevin Knuth, Associate Professor of Physics at the University of Albany, examines the physics of UAP and the clues about their detection, monitoring, and engineering:

Back
Top Bottom