• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

All About Daft Punk

OP
Racheski

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I absolutely adore TRON: Legacy, and IMO Discovery is one of the greatest albums of all time bar none.
I think we should be very good friends.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s not on streaming services, unfortunately, but there is a special edition release of the Tron movie soundtrack with five(?) additional tracks.

*Apparently there is another purely remix disc as well, but haven’t listened to that one yet.

https://listen.tidal.com/album/4969177

Must be country specific omission- UK Tidal has Tron and the remix (Tron Legacy Reconfigured)

OP
Racheski

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The thing I find funny is, I really like Daft Punk... but don't really like Random Access Memories. So, maybe that was just a different album for them. You like that one, which is fine, and some of us like their others, which is fine too.
When I first listened to RAM I didn’t like it because it was such a departure from what they had done previously, but over time it has grown on me. My favorite track on the album is Motherboard, and here is a great cover by a Miami ensemble group (song at 4:10)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah the Tron remix is available for me on both Spotify and Tidal, but not this secret special edition with 5 extra tracks...

I have a 21 and 23 track main album on tidal - so no idea!

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I absolutely love the TRON: Legacy soundtrack and movie. (I have a FLYNN LIVES t-shirt like Sam wears in the movie.) Here is one of my favorite Daft Punk "covers" (This video was my introduction to Pentatonix; I can watch it over and over...):

Martin

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Pirx

Ever watch Interstella 5555? Daft Punk produced an anime musical for Discovery:
I had no idea about that video. I watched it and I think it is really nicely done. Interesting choice to make a video for the whole album. Thanks.

Tron Legacy soundtrack is incredible good !
It is also good to remove some dust from the woofers and subwoofers ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Was a tiny bit tempted by Random Access Memories, but nowhere near enough to bother listening to them again.

It's much different from their other albums I skipped through.

Give it one listen, just for grins, all the way through if you can.

I can.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's much different from their other albums I skipped through.

Give it one listen, just for grins, all the way through if you can.

I can.

Nile Rodgers fan? He is all over that one.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Nile Rodgers fan? He is all over that one.

I have no idea who Nile Rodgers is, other than seeing his name mentioned in the credits and discussions.

Not even familiar with the name till now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_Rodgers

Ok, so now I know a little bit and have some appreciation for at least some of his work/collaborations.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have no idea who Nile Rodgers is, other than seeing his name mentioned in the credits and discussions.

Not even familiar with the name till now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_Rodgers

Ok, so now I know a little bit and have some appreciation for at least some of his work/collaborations.

Yeah, that record is an homage to not necessarily him, but the style of music he typifies.

I thought you might have been a Chic fan and all round late era disco legend for a minute.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I thought you might have been a Chic fan and all round late era disco legend for a minute.

I might actually have a $1 Chic cd from the bargain bin in 1998, I'll have to look.

I like a catchy tune, whatever the genre. Some have more than others.

But I wasn't a Disco Boy, except maybe one night for a Bowie concert. The audience was all dressed up, but the band mostly wasn't, because the truck with the costumes and sets was stuck in a ditch near Ocala..

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
  • Favorite Songs/Albums
Da Funk and Around the World was two of my favorite earworms in my youth, but my favorite album is Discovery without contest.

I wasn't really captivated by Random Access Memories and bought some Justice albums instead. Maybe I should give it a second chance.

Booker

Forum Donor
There is quite an interesting documentary - Daft Punk Unchained. If you will find it, my best part is starting at 00:57:30.

250px-Daft-punk-unchained-poster.png

Booker

Forum Donor
Just listened to this rip of RAM - pure joy and constant tears of joy in my eyes.

Top Bottom