• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

All About Daft Punk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Ahh……Curtis Mayfield, he’s responsible for my absolute #1 song ever. “Silicone Soul - Right On“ on Soma with their sample of Mayfield‘s “Right on for the Darkness. Had the utmost honour to book Craig & Graeme a couple of times to headline our tents and when that track dropped at the end of the night i was so ecstatically happy, no feeling like a tent full of folk absolutely loosing their shit over months of work to bring everything together.

Back of Craig and Graeme’s heads,

52945729005_70d0a25d67_c.jpg

52945806848_817f7410de_c.jpg

52945741165_ecef0ed292_c.jpg

Never made it to Glastonbury despite getting passes from mates as i was usually away mtb guiding in Spain during June, really regret not making it.

I think you’d have loved it at Wickerman as Sid Ambrose who initially formed the idea of a festival in the area was a punk at heart and it always kept that ethos and we always booked the best punk artists, shame it ended the way it did but we had a fantastic 13 years.

Anyway…… that’s enough ramblings of yesteryear;)

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Fantastic mate. Good on ya's!

Aye, enough whittering on about the good old days. Ahem.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom