• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aliante Caterham Model 7 (Italian remake of Sequerra Met 7) article, lots of graphs!

I found this really interesting article (in Italian) discussing the history of many speakers in general and specifically the Sequerra Met 7, positioning that speaker as a more important step in the history of speaker design than I was aware. I own a pair of met 7s and I really love them. Aliante has tried to manufacture a really faithful remake with just a few updates to the original design, which I find admirable. There are lots of measurements and technical details on the page, and it's quite interesting. The frequency response looks... problematic by today's standards ("piuttosto tormentata" haha), but I'm still learning how to read these graphs at all, so I would be curious to hear what other members make of them. In any case the met 7 is one of my favorite speakers ever, and I am very interested in hearing this slick looking remake, though sourcing from italy may prove difficult.
article:
http://nuke.nonsoloaudiofili.com/AlianteCatheramSevenExclusive/tabid/499/Default.aspx
manufacturer page:
https://www.aliante.com/catheram.html

The Caterham Model 7 (where's the felt strip on top of the woofer??)
03.JPG

The "tormented" frequency response:
M 04 Driver Filtrati.png

graphical

Did you ever hear these? I'm curious. I've been a Met 7 customer since 1981 and have loved them. They're still mounted in my bedroom, fed by a Chromecast into a decent tube DAC and paired with an old passive subwoofer. Qobuz is the source. They sound great with great recordings.

OP
differenceclouds
I emailed the company and they said they did have a prototype floor model available.... I didn't bite the bullet though. Maybe you should email them!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Frequency response is anything but flat.

Top Bottom