• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alesis RA-100 as power amp for Magnepan LRS?

viper414

This has the power of an integrated amplifier. Quite weak with 100 watts into 4ohm. I was pushing my Magnpena LRS with a Yamaha A-S500 but found a noticeable increase in quality, bass and can play louder without distortion using a Cambridge Audio Azur 651W amp

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
It targeted monitor applications IIRC. A decent little pro amp but specs aren't all that great by today's standard. The usual decent pro amp recommendation is one of the Crown XLS series amps. Emotiva make some of the least expensive consumer amps around.

ATLjeffro

Bump: i just joined this blog site. This is my first post. I just got this amp- AlesisRA-100 amp. I have read the manual and have searched on line for the info i need. My web searches have not led me to the answers to this question:
-What cables should a get for input from my Yamaha CX-800 pre-amp?
-What cables out to my speaks? I have everything from Heresy’s and Cornwalls to Maggie’s and Linn’s. Which leads to third question, which may be opinion (which I am Def asking for):
-Which speakers will match well with the Alesis?
It is home use. I rarely get very loud anymore.
(not that i dont want to. Lol. Tinnitus)
Thanks for any links or suggestions.
P.S. I have searched for the answers, and will continue to look.
thanks,
ATLjeffro BB32F511-DB13-4962-A044-84F939CD370B.jpeg

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Bump: i just joined this blog site. This is my first post. I just got this amp- AlesisRA-100 amp. I have read the manual and have searched on line for the info i need. My web searches have not led me to the answers to this question:
-What cables should a get for input from my Yamaha CX-800 pre-amp?
-What cables out to my speaks? I have everything from Heresy’s and Cornwalls to Maggie’s and Linn’s. Which leads to third question, which may be opinion (which I am Def asking for):
-Which speakers will match well with the Alesis?
It is home use. I rarely get very loud anymore.
(not that i dont want to. Lol. Tinnitus)
Thanks for any links or suggestions.
P.S. I have searched for the answers, and will continue to look.
thanks,
ATLjeffroView attachment 131033
Welcome Aboard @ATLjeffro.

Top Bottom