• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Album Covers with Audio Equipment

OP
Berwhale

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1583277314571.png

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
The Jack Emblow Sextet: "Housewives' Playtime" (1963)

View attachment 52685

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole on this one trying to figure out that McMichael the woman is sitting on. First I found this:
  • http://www.mcmichael.org.uk/products.htm
  • I didn't find anything that looked correct so I emailed the website admin. A very nice man named David Cochrane replied a few hours later saying "Unfortunately I am not able to identify it, as I think it was produced in the early 1960s and I don't have any records for that period."
Then I went to the Radiomuseum website, specifically this section for McMichael equipment. I didn't find what I wanted but I punched a bunch of model numbers from the late 50's / early 60's in Google images. Nothing definitive.

If I had to guess I'd say the McMichael MS205? (The MS204 is in the same ballpark but pictures I found for the MS204 show it's clearly distinct.) I picked the MS205 because:
  1. I couldn't find any definitive pictures for it.
  2. It's similar to the MS204.
  3. It was manufactured in 1962.
  4. This album came out in 1963.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Top Bottom