• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AKM is DEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
Don’t sir me either.
sorry old chap

you must get that a lot from law enforcement, fast food workers, carers and mental health professionals all the time

OP
L

Lossless

sorry old chap

you must get that a lot from law enforcement, fast food workers, carers and mental health professionals all the time
…Nature of the beast.

OP
L

Lossless

Look, you said some technically incorrect things. And made an over simplistic argument from a pin count. And click baited it with really strong language in the title. And you got people with actual semiconductor experience here trying at first to gently redirect. But it seems you just are digging in.
The only thing I said about chip pin count is outside differentiating feature. I made no claim that 128 is better than 64. The specifications are lower on the new 64 pin AKM chip according to data sheet.

purrify

It's sad but they are better off outsourcing these DAC to a foundry and focus on the design & IP. DAC ICs are not hard to make nowadays, it's not like they require the latest process to gain an advantage over other DACs. They shouldn't be worse off as long as they don't fall behind in design, QC, etc.

Geert

Major Contributor
The only thing I said about chip pin count is outside differentiating feature. I made no claim that 128 is better than 64. The specifications are lower on the new 64 pin AKM chip according to data sheet.

Both have THD+N -124dB not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom