• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AKG K712 Pro Review (Headphone)

Robbo99999

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you know the Chinese and Austrian versions use identical pads (when new) though?

If your goal is to test whether there's a difference between the two headphone versions, you can't make that assumption.
Good point you make to Luke, but we don't know the answer to that unless we research it. Previously when I looked into Chinese vs Austrian on the K702 side I came to the conclusion that they were the same headphone specification, I'm assuming that's the same for the K701. If that's a reasonable assumption then it does make sense to use the same newer pads on both K701's to remove the pad wear variable, at which point you'd just be assessing unit to unit variation. To be honest I'd probably expect Amir to measure both headphones with the pads that are already attached due to simplicity & ease, and it would also take into consideration your warning points you made. Either way would be good to see the K701 measured on this site, I'd prefer to see the K702 measured, but still the K701 is also good to see.

Snarfie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am looking for the AKG K514 MKII headphone measurments. The cost to sent it here from Holland does not make much sence but it would be great if some body could sent Amirm such sample from the States.

Last edited:
Top Bottom