• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Akg k371 vs 371bt

SiW

I bought the BT version.

Initial impressions from Amazon HD with BT from an iPhone vs wired from an DAC / amp combo (SMSL C200) is there is very little in it except for the expected slight loss at the lowest end of the frequency range due to AAC. Still better bass output than from my HD58X.

Comfort is good, but agree that the isolation isn’t perfect.

Main annoyance was the cable jack slightly rubbing on my shoulder when I was sat down using my laptop.

For £98 from Amazon Warehouse very pleased.

Keeping them in a hard case just to be safe!

staticV3

Master Contributor
expected slight loss at the lowest end of the frequency range due to AAC.
That's news to me. Why is there a bass roll-off to be expected with AAC?
From what I've seen, the only difference between codecs is at the upper end of the spectrum:
c806e5a0d3a18d3fb19eb3acb1ff3d7f.png

SiW

That's news to me. Why is there a bass roll-off to be expected with AAC?
From what I've seen, the only difference between codecs is at the upper end of the spectrum:
View attachment 266593
I understood the very low and higher frequencies were ‘cut’ in the conversion to these other formats but happy to be corrected :)

Difference may have been level matching or amp power / performance of the BT amp.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Pads and room inside the cups (electronics on one side and battery on the other side mostly) will differ between those versions and is likely to affect bass the most.

Top Bottom