• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima T9- Aux Output extremley low output level?!

kaopad999

Hi,

Today I tried the Aux out from my Aiyima t9 Tube amp as i wanted to try using it as a pre-amp into my Marnatz amp
The problem is that the output level from the Aux out on the T9 is incredibly low, I mean so low that I would have to crank up the volume to nearly max on both the T9 & My Marantz amplifier to get to reasonable listening levels!

This surely can not be right?
Maybe a fualty device?
has anyone else had exprience using the aux out on the T9 or any other Aiyima amplifers?
if this is "normal" then the aux-out is completely useless.

tech.pyang

Hi,

Today I tried the Aux out from my Aiyima t9 Tube amp as i wanted to try using it as a pre-amp into my Marnatz amp
The problem is that the output level from the Aux out on the T9 is incredibly low, I mean so low that I would have to crank up the volume to nearly max on both the T9 & My Marantz amplifier to get to reasonable listening levels!

This surely can not be right?
Maybe a fualty device?
has anyone else had exprience using the aux out on the T9 or any other Aiyima amplifers?
if this is "normal" then the aux-out is completely useless.
Interesting… I’ll have to buy a 3.5mm to rca adaptor and test it. I was curious anyway if it was any good as a preamp.

OP
K

kaopad999

Interesting… I’ll have to buy a 3.5mm to rca adaptor and test it. I was curious anyway if it was any good as a preamp.
Yeah, please try it and let me know. I'd like to know if it's a fault with mine, or if they're all like this.

tech.pyang

Yeah, please try it and let me know. I'd like to know if it's a fault with mine, or if they're all like this.
I currently have the T9 connected to monoblocks via the 3.5mm output. It appears to work just fine. It’s able to get plenty loud.

I have an iPad running into the T9’s usb input. Haven’t tried the other inputs as I primarily use usb. Hopefully you can get yours working.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Have you tried measuring the output voltage yourself?
All you need is a $10 multimeter and a 3.5mm plug like this:
(Rean NYS 231 BG)
ITP_NYS231BG-U_t.jpg
Immensely useful whenever you're working with DACs and Amps.

OP
K

kaopad999

Have you tried measuring the output voltage yourself?
All you need is a $10 multimeter and a 3.5mm plug like this:
(Rean NYS 231 BG)
View attachment 234751
Immensely useful whenever you're working with DACs and Amps.
Hi, yes i have a multimeter. Can i just plug the 3.5mm jack into the T9 and then measure from the positive + negtive RCA connections with the multimeter ?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Yeah sure, that works just as well.
But make sure you're using a 60Hz, 0dBFS sine wave, since multimeters are most accurate at that frequency.
You can generate such a test tone using REW.

OP
K

kaopad999

Yeah sure, that works just as well.
But make sure you're using a 60Hz, 0dBFS sine wave, since multimeters are most accurate at that frequency.
You can generate such a test tone using REW.
Hi, so first photo is the output voltage from the Aux- Out while playing a 60Hz, 0dBFS sine wave.

Second photo is the output voltage from the main speakers terminals. again, playing a 60Hz, 0dBFS sine wave.

I think it's safe to say that the output voltage with the Aux-Out is incredibly low ?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• test aux out.jpg
    test aux out.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 61
  • test 2.jpg
    test 2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Yeah that's really low.
Speaker terminals should be able to output 20Vrms max.
Make sure you're sending the test tone bit-perfect, like for example with foobar2000 and the Asio or Wasapi Exclusive plugin.

OP
K

kaopad999

Yeah that's really low.
Speaker terminals should be able to output 20Vrms max.
Make sure you're sending the test tone bit-perfect, like for example with foobar2000 and the Asio or Wasapi Exclusive plugin.
I'll certainly try that. but i doubt the difference will be that much

Kinda sucks as I've only had the T9 for 2 weeks.

I guess i'm going to have to contact Aiyima support and see if they're kind enough to help me out, or send me out a replacement unit.

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'll certainly try that. but i doubt the difference will be that much

Kinda sucks as I've only had the T9 for 2 weeks.

I guess i'm going to have to contact Aiyima support and see if they're kind enough to help me out, or send me out a replacement unit.
What was the outcome?

HappyMetalGuy

Hi there, as anyone find problems with T9 Pro connecting trough coaxial input? Mine when connected to a Sony CD transport sometimes as dropouts, tried different cables but it works ok when I connect the CD Transport to Fiio Taishan D03K (15€). Seems that it's unable to fix the signal maybe a jitter problem?

Top Bottom