• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima refuses to replace failed PSU [Now Resolved]

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Update.... This post worked. Aiyima writes...

Hi,
I have seen your artical on audiosciencereview.com.
We can refund to you and you needn't send it back.
You just need to destroy the 48v power supply directly and take a video of you destroying it, and we will refund you.
Thanks.

Thank you to everyone who participated.

So... How about some advice for destroying it? LOL. Because THAT is gonna happen if it means a refund.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sweet irony. The little sticker that says you loose warranty if removed on most stuff in fact has to be removed for you to get your warranty.

Glad they are fixing it, and too bad it took publicity like this. And OTOH glad ASR has enough of a following to get the attention of companies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

gmoney

I dunno if I'm looking at this wrong but buying a $69 amp or anything related to it leaves me with pretty low expectations.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

AIYIMA ORDER
Your order has been refunded

Total amount refunded: $52.99 USD

At any time Amir, if you desire... You can delete this whole thread.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
AIYIMA ORDER
Your order has been refunded

Total amount refunded: $52.99 USD

At any time Amir, if you desire... You can delete this whole thread.

The thread should remain, but the title could be edited to reflect the outcome.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Update.... This post worked. Aiyima writes...

Hi,
I have seen your artical on audiosciencereview.com.
We can refund to you and you needn't send it back.
You just need to destroy the 48v power supply directly and take a video of you destroying it, and we will refund you.
Thanks.

Thank you to everyone who participated.

So... How about some advice for destroying it? LOL. Because THAT is gonna happen if it means a refund.
"nuke it from the orbit" :D

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
EU (consumer) law applies to merchandise sold inside the EU by professional dealers located in member states of the EU - link is a semi official EU site.

China is not part of the EU, yet. And it is worth to mention that the UK just left the EU.

And it is not just the Chinese. Try to get drop honor a warranty claim based on EU law. @litemotiv

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, while I am of course happy for the OP, that brand obviously would have sent him to hell if he hadn't posted here.
Clearly a brand I will not consider buying from should the need arise.
And let's hope this forum doesn't turn into a complaints forum and Amir doesn't have to become its chief hostage negotiator...

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I like too see the destruction video. Thermite would be cool. ;)

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
LOL Aima doesn't make PSU it's a generic one. Buy a normal PSU in your own country!

Sigfried

Saw this thread today and thought I would comment on my very recent experience. I thought this amp was ok to run at 8ohms? Was not playing loud when the left side went out briefly. Wouldn't overload protection take out both channels? Anyway, I reached out to Sandy with the below message.

"Hello Sandy,

I purchased and have been using this amplifier for the past week and really am enjoying it. This being said, just today I heard a slight click from the unit and the one channel went out for about 2 minutes. I then heard another click and that channel came back on fortunately. I have been leaving the unit turned on constantly for the last week.

In case this happens again and permanently I wanted to check about the warranty. I see no warranty information inside the box or on the brief manual provided. I purchased the A07 via Amazon. Do I need to register the amplifier somewhere? If I need to send it back for warranty work, where would I need to send it to? How long is the warranty period? Again, there was no information inside the box about warranty. Please advise.

I am using the power adapter that was sent with the unit. The speakers I am using are 8 Ohm speakers with a 90db sensitivity. I do not play my music loud so I was not stressing the unit. It only happened once yesterday and has been working fine prior and since. I just wanted to contact in case it would start acting up again. I wanted to know what I would need to do and how long the A07 is under warranty. I have been an audiophile for years so am not abusing this unit in any way. 62 years old."

The reply I then received in a few days from Sandy was this:

"Thank your reply Mr . your speaker 8 Ohm 90db sensitivity() . so our A07 amp power is too big enough.
when you turn up the volume and long-time. it will be Overload protection or Overheating protection.
By the way , we also have other aiyima models , do you interesting ?
Best Regards
AIYIMA AUDIO.Sandy"

I am not quite sure what is being said here but it sounds like he/she is saying that the A07 can't handle 8ohms and what i would consider a fairly easy to drive set of speakers. So volume for long time will cause overload protection at moderate volumes with 8ohms? The amp sounds absolutely phenomenal! Any thoughts or recommendations? Thank you

Top Bottom